Epic Games Flirts, Removes Something ''Unreal''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysteic

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
This is just Propaganda to make people thing they have something it the works. They are blowing smoke because they have nothing for this Holiday Season.

G

Unreal 3 is actually correct...the last Unreal was 2...seeing as Unreal tournament is seperate...

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
Actually, their titling went down the hole with Unreal Tournament 3. Technically there was no '2' and '1', though there was an Unreal 1 and Unreal 2. It should have been Unreal 2k7 to follow the naming trend.

Most likely, whatever it is, will be made for consoles mostly, and will suck overall.

Epic Fail. I have no faith.

shotgunpadre

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
having played unreal 1 and 2, epic does a great job creating singleplayer games. I hope it's time to grab my flak cannon to hunt some skaarj with AI

bad_code

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
[citation][nom]Darkerson[/nom]Unreal 3 is actually correct...the last Unreal was 2...seeing as Unreal tournament is seperate...[/citation]

No it was not unreal 2 it was unreal 2004. They changed the name/numbering once they starting making it for the console.

bad_code

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
PS don't think most people refer to unreal tournament as separate, but you may be correct so many ppl use short hand for taking about things.

doc70

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
Unreal 3 would be long overdue. The best was Unreal (Gold) and it had an awesome soundtrack as well. The second one, Unreal 2, was OK, although a little too short.
I would hope for an open world type of gameplay, given that they had more than enough time to develop it.
The tournament series... in my opinion, the best were the original one and UT 2004. After that one could tell the "consoles first" mentality.

It's a shame when a developer forgets where they came from and the community that they built upon...

G

I hope it's Unreal 3 and not Tournament or Championship, we already have a next gen version of tournament and Championship looks too much like tournament anyway.

badger101101

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
Unreal Tournament 2004 was the best game Epic ever made in my opinion. It came before the console madness, and was designed specifically for a mouse and keyboard. There is no way you could play UT2004 with a console pad. UT3 on the other hand was completely crippled down so that the consoles game pads could keep up. The result was a game that has mediocre gameplay, and no lasting competitiveness.

[citation][nom]bad_code[/nom]No it was not unreal 2 it was unreal 2004. They changed the name/numbering once they starting making it for the console.[/citation]

no unreal 1 and 2 were like fps adventure games like quake and half life. unreal tournament is a pure FPS game aimed mostly for multi player gaming

g00ey

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
The first unreal was, really good. There were so many levels and you just played and played, and yet there was more to come.
Unreal 2 was also really good. It felt like the second Chronicles of Riddick movie. But then it was over before you knew it.
It's sad but nowadays the commercial computer games out there are so short. It's like that with Morrowind vs Oblivion, Halflife-2 vs its sequels, ...

jednx01

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
[citation][nom]g00ey[/nom]The first unreal was, really good. There were so many levels and you just played and played, and yet there was more to come.Unreal 2 was also really good. It felt like the second Chronicles of Riddick movie. But then it was over before you knew it.It's sad but nowadays the commercial computer games out there are so short. It's like that with Morrowind vs Oblivion, Halflife-2 vs its sequels, ...[/citation]
I agree mostly, but I think using Oblivion as an example of a short game is laughable. Oblivion is not exactly as small and short game.... lol

g00ey

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
Yes, I agree that Oblivion is not a short game per se. But when you look at the size of Morrowind, Oblivion pales in comparison, especially when you consider the Tribunal, and Bloodmoon expansions.

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Wasn't Unreal 3 demo on Steam about a month or more ago? Going to be released soon, so that's probably what the whole thing was about.

Demo no longer available and it stopped working a few days after I got it installed. Demo was a limited run.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
NO, a month ago - people could play UT3 for free over the weekend with Steam.

Maybe its Epic going to put some brains together and FIX UT3 into a much more fun and playable game.

Status
Not open for further replies.