advice needed on exchanging computer at store

Hi all

If I do manage to exchange my faulty WINXP computer for a new one at
Staples, what about all my personal info on that faulty computer?

Do I just hand over my old computer with everything still on it (I can't get
into it to delete my personal files and Pictures)

Doesn't seem right.
Pls help me figure this out.
Thanks in advance
1 answer Last reply
More about advice needed exchanging computer store

    At Staples? They take trade-ins? Have you looked at Circuit City, Best Buy,
    HP,
    Dell or eBay, they are all a lot cheaper. You may be able to format your
    old PC
    in Safe Mode. Have you backed-up your personal files (photos, etc.)?
    "How to Boot in Safe Mode"
    http://www.columbia.edu/acis/capture/safemode.html
    --
    XP-WNP
    Today is the first day of the

    "Ninip" wrote:

    > Hi all
    >
    > If I do manage to exchange my faulty WINXP computer for a new one at
    > Staples, what about all my personal info on that faulty computer?
    >
    > Do I just hand over my old computer with everything still on it (I can't get
    > into it to delete my personal files and Pictures)
    >
    > Doesn't seem right.
    > Pls help me figure this out.
    > Thanks in advance

Support Computers Microsoft Windows XP