advice needed on exchanging computer at store

August 29, 2005 1:58:39 PM

Hi all

If I do manage to exchange my faulty WINXP computer for a new one at
Staples, what about all my personal info on that faulty computer?

Do I just hand over my old computer with everything still on it (I can't get
into it to delete my personal files and Pictures)

Doesn't seem right.
Pls help me figure this out.
Thanks in advance
August 29, 2005 5:46:01 PM

At Staples? They take trade-ins? Have you looked at Circuit City, Best Buy,
HP,
Dell or eBay, they are all a lot cheaper. You may be able to format your
old PC
in Safe Mode. Have you backed-up your personal files (photos, etc.)?
"How to Boot in Safe Mode"
http://www.columbia.edu/acis/capture/safemode.html
--
XP-WNP