  • Microsoft
  • Hard Drives
  • Windows XP
August 29, 2005 10:49:55 PM

Is it OK/Safe to delete all "TEMP" files to conserve hard disk space?
Thanks
Brian

More about : temp files

August 29, 2005 10:49:56 PM

In news:nNIQe.148112$5N3.95882@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net,
Brian & Joan Thompson <SharscotIV@worldnet.att.net> had this to say:

> Is it OK/Safe to delete all "TEMP" files to conserve hard disk space?
> Thanks
> Brian

Yup. If for no other reason than to do it to prevent disk clutter as most
drives are absolutely huge these days.

Galen

Sherlock Holmes
Anonymous
August 29, 2005 11:29:32 PM

Thanks again for the info - one final ques; why do these computers save all
those "temp" files anyway?
"Brian & Joan Thompson" <SharscotIV@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> Is it OK/Safe to delete all "TEMP" files to conserve hard disk space?
> Thanks
> Brian

Related resources
August 29, 2005 11:40:37 PM

"Brian & Joan Thompson" <SharscotIV@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> Is it OK/Safe to delete all "TEMP" files to conserve hard disk space?
> Thanks
> Brian
Of course, since XP will not let you delete a file that is in use.
Jim

August 30, 2005 1:22:41 PM

Brian & Joan Thompson wrote:

> Is it OK/Safe to delete all "TEMP" files to conserve
> hard disk space?

Yes, but if you have to do it more than occasionally, then
you should look at getting a bigger disk.

Cheers,

Cliff