Temp Files

Is it OK/Safe to delete all "TEMP" files to conserve hard disk space?
Thanks
Brian
4 answers Last reply
More about temp files

    In news:nNIQe.148112$5N3.95882@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net,
    Brian & Joan Thompson <SharscotIV@worldnet.att.net> had this to say:

    > Is it OK/Safe to delete all "TEMP" files to conserve hard disk space?
    > Thanks
    > Brian

    Yup. If for no other reason than to do it to prevent disk clutter as most
    drives are absolutely huge these days.

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes

    Thanks again for the info - one final ques; why do these computers save all
    those "temp" files anyway?
    "Brian & Joan Thompson" <SharscotIV@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
    > Is it OK/Safe to delete all "TEMP" files to conserve hard disk space?
    > Thanks
    > Brian

    "Brian & Joan Thompson" <SharscotIV@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
    > Is it OK/Safe to delete all "TEMP" files to conserve hard disk space?
    > Thanks
    > Brian
    Of course, since XP will not let you delete a file that is in use.
    Jim

    Brian & Joan Thompson wrote:

    > Is it OK/Safe to delete all "TEMP" files to conserve
    > hard disk space?

    Yes, but if you have to do it more than occasionally, then
    you should look at getting a bigger disk.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

Support Microsoft Hard Drives Windows XP