Adding a new bootable DVD

Yesterday, I added a Pacific Digital double layer DVD to my DELL Dimension 4100.
This machine has the A11 BIOS & SUSE 9.1 as it's OS. Currently the system
has: the following drives: a HD, a floppy, a CD r/w and the new DVD. I
need to be able to boot from this new DVD drive so I can load a SUSE Live
9.3 DVD.

When I boot SUSE 9.1 from HD the new DVD drive appears to be working correctly.
However, I can not run the SUSE 9.3 Live DVD from the new DVD drive.
Booting into Setup shows the following boot and drive info:

IDE Configuration Setup Screen:
Primary IDE Master Quantum Fireballp LM
Primary IDE Slave Not Installed
Secondary IDE Master Sony CD-RW CRX14
Secondary IDE Slave ATAPI DVD DD 2X16X

IDE Drive Configuration Screen:
1st boot device Floppy
2nd boot device ATAPI CDROM
3rd boot device IDE-HDD
4th boot device Disabled
The drive options on this screen are:
Floppy
ARMD-FDD
ARMD-HHD
IDE-HDD
ATAPI CDROM
MBA UNDI (Bus 000 Slot00)

Primary Master IDE 1st IDE
Primary Slave IDE 2nd IDE
Secondary Master IDE 3rd IDE
Secondary Slave IDE 4th IDE

I changed the IDE Drive Configuration to:
1st boot device Floppy
2nd boot device ATAPI CDROM
3rd boot device ARMD-HHD
4th boot device IDE-HDD
After this change I put the SUSE 9.1 factory CD into the DVD drive and tried
to boot from it. The machine continued to boot from the HD.

Question: Given the above info. can I add the new DVD to the machines
bootable devices? Thanks for any suggestions and/or ideas.
1 answer Last reply
More about adding bootable

    Try reversing the CD and the DVD. The 4100
    only boots from the master IDE devices.

Dell DVD Boot DVD Drives Computers