Anyone know a good Graphic Card for a Compaq EN 64

G

Looking to Replace the graphic card for A Deskpro EN 6400 Compaq uses a short AGP card any ideas ???

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You mean a half-height card? Good luck, I've only seen Mx200's, TNT2M64's, and ATI Rage 128's in the low profile form (using standard height brackets, but you can change or modify the bracket).

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

G

The Computer is a 400 MHZ machine used by my wife to print cards and schedules and an occasional game. For the existing bracket to work the monitor plug would need to be near the top of the 1/2 height card. I guess I could take this card out and use a PCI card also. Looked on graphic card sites and I did not see much mention of this. Did not really want to buy a new PC now. If you think of anything that works let me know. I'll look into some of your suggestions also.

Thanks

George

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Oh, an even DIFFERENT form factor-is this an NLX case? Where a full height AGP card is mounted with the VGA connector ABOVE some connectors on the back? With a notch in the bottom of the card between the slot and the backplate? In that case there are a few more options available.

For instance, the Diamond Viper V770 and V770 Ultra both have a break-out section between the slot and the back plate for use in NLX systems. These are TNT2 and TNT2 Ultra cards and perform fairly well (much better than an MX200). You might find a GTS or MX400 card with the same layout, I'm not sure, but if you can't find something better, the V770 and V770 Ultra are reasonable choices. Nothing in PCI even comes close (due to the limited bandwidth of PCI).

What's the frequency, Kenneth?