ATI Radeon 64MB DDR VIVO

G

Need some advice on this one. I am considering putting this card in the new system I am building. I do play some games (Quake III), but mostly use the system for browsing and some photo editing. Also, I like the fact that it has VIVO. How is the video capture quality on this?

For those of you who have this card, what do you think of it? Anything I should watch out for? (ie driver issues)

Here are my new system's specs:

Soyo Dragon +
Athlon XP 1600+
512 MB Kingston PC2100
Antec 400W PSU
Lite-ON DVD and CDR-RW
Windows 2000 OS

Thanks ahead of time,
MBW

oymd

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2001
its a GREAT card....DVD is second to none...and the VIVO is rock solid....its also great in gaming...
only downside to it....it lacks DVI output...so if u're not planning to get a flat panel in the future....go for it...
i love mine

Yep. Its awesome. Had it for 3 months before DVD player. Was pleased, now impressed!

<b><font color=blue>~scribble~</font color=blue></b> :wink: <A HREF="http://www.ud.com/home.htm" target="_new">Help cure cancer.</A>

Pizzarro

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2001
I was considering buying this card myself. I have a Dragon+ with a 1600+, too. Hehehe...
I just read a couple articles yesterday, though, about the new All In Wonder 7500. It would be about the same price and has audio connectors in (including SPDIF) and S-Video in. It also comes with a remote that has mouse control. I think this sounds a little better, myself.
JJ

G

Thanks for all your responses. The 7500 AIW intrigues me as well. Any idea where I might be able to find it yet? I checked newegg and pricewatch with no luck...

Thanks,
MBW

knowan

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2001
It's not on the market yet. To my knowledge they haven't started shipping it yet. It'll be another couple of weeks or so before it starts to show up.

--------------
Knowan likes you. Knowan is your friend. Knowan thinks you're great.

AEboy128

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2001
Go for it... Mine works great! Video capture seems to be good. I have my old super nintendo hooked up to it now.

Tom's Hardware Tested... Buyer Approved!!

Pizzarro

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2001
The AIW7500 is at Best Buy for $200. Certainly, now, you can find it online for less. They got it yesterday or the day before.
JJ

pat

Expert
I have thid card on my dragon+ with XP1700+ and it is a very good card. DVD is great, capture is good, games are good. I have connected my satellite decoder to it and I can watch TV while doing some other work with my computer.

->And this is...................ACTION!

Sihs

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
How do you compare DVD playback between cards? I haven't been able to spot any differences using my radeon 32 ddr. Is it because I'm using powerDVD instead of ATI dvd player (Which either doesn't work or works really crappy)?

Why do they sterilize the needle for lethal injections?