i WAS FINALLY ABLE TO GET A PICTURE OF THE bLUE SCREEN
stop: 0x00000050 (0xf79798EC,oXOOOOOOO1,0XOOOOOOO1,0X83CA2FD1,0X00000000)

I am pretty sure that I did something to the registry. I have winxp home on
the laptop. About five seconds into the xp boot I get a blue screen that
flashes so fast I cannot read it. After the flash it reboots and repeats. I
cannot get into safemode because I tried to repair using the orginal xp cd.
I need to either be able to read the blue screen so I can look up the stop
error message, get the setup to finish or get into safemode so I can try to
repair the registry. I checked the ntdtcsetup.log. It has the original setup
in it but not my attempts to resetup.
I appreciate any suggestions.
Loretta
compinst@verizon.net