My question stems from the frustration born out of a mysterious loop
occurring during the start-up sequence of my P4 pentium 3.0 Mhz 160GB self
assembled PC with the XP home operating system.

The problem:
Is perpetual looping of the start up sequence as i turn on the computer.
Hence I can only intervene by interupting the sequence and go into my Bios
and make a few changes.

What have i done to eliminate my hardware components as a fail source:
- I have tested each of my kingston 512K ram boxes and have found them to be
fully functional in my alternate computer
- I have removed the DVD-CD rom drive as a fail source in my alternate
computer
- I have alternated graphic cards to make sure the start-up problem does not
stem from a faulty graphic card
- and i have changed monitors to make sure it was not the monitor which were
causing an interference in the start-up sequence.
- I have changed keyboards to ensure usability of my keyboards

Which leaves me with one of either two likely culprits for my problem:
A) My motherboard which is of the type Gigabyte 875P P4 Titan model and
which has hitherto functioned perfectly for 3/4 of a year
B) The XP home operating system (Unfortunately i have not been able to use
my reboot CD-rom due to inability to locate it (my infernal mess has come
back to haunt me apparently))

What i would like to find out is:
1) Has anyone had the same problem with a looping start-up sequence?
2) If anyone has what was you solution to the looping problem?

Hopefully

Eldanes73

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> My question stems from the frustration born out of a
> mysterious loop
> occurring during the start-up sequence of my P4 pentium 3.0
> Mhz 160GB self
> assembled PC with the XP home operating system.
>
> The problem:
> Is perpetual looping of the start up sequence as i turn on the
> computer.
> Hence I can only intervene by interupting the sequence and go
> into my Bios
> and make a few changes.
>
> What have i done to eliminate my hardware components as a fail
> source:
> - I have tested each of my kingston 512K ram boxes and have
> found them to be
> fully functional in my alternate computer
> - I have removed the DVD-CD rom drive as a fail source in my
> alternate
> computer
> - I have alternated graphic cards to make sure the start-up
> problem does not
> stem from a faulty graphic card
> - and i have changed monitors to make sure it was not the
> monitor which were
> causing an interference in the start-up sequence.
> - I have changed keyboards to ensure usability of my keyboards
>
> Which leaves me with one of either two likely culprits for my
> problem:
> A) My motherboard which is of the type Gigabyte 875P P4 Titan
> model and
> which has hitherto functioned perfectly for 3/4 of a year
> B) The XP home operating system (Unfortunately i have not been
> able to use
> my reboot CD-rom due to inability to locate it (my infernal
> mess has come
> back to haunt me apparently))
>
> What i would like to find out is:
> 1) Has anyone had the same problem with a looping start-up
> sequence?
> 2) If anyone has what was you solution to the looping problem?
>

> Hopefully
>
> Eldanes73

By looping, do you mean constant restarting of the computer upon
atempting to load windows? If so, I have experianced it, I never
determined what caused it, I was installing windows on a 166MHz
computer (don’t remerb what it was exacly) and once dur in
instalation it restarted for no aparent reason, after restart
instalation carried on normaly and finished. For the first (and only)
time windows loaded, I restarted (having installed the network card
driver) and it constantrly restarted upon trying to load windows, I
never did work out what casued it, as 2 days later the motherborad
died, so i would GUESS it’s faulty mobo.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-XP-looping-start-sequence-ftopict415038.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1382910

TRENDING THREADS