Radeon 8500 problems

G

Just purchased a Radeon 8500 (retail) and have run into several problems. In DirectX Diag, the directx8 hardware acceleration tests fail and in 3dmark2001 it fails to run because it says my hardware is not directx compatible. I thought the 8500 was dx8 compatible. In the process of downloading latest drivers but i don't think that will help. Any ideas on why and what to do?

starwrs3

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2001
did you use the drivers that came on the cd cause they are realy bad try going to rage3d.com and downloading some of teh leaked drivers

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
What graphics card did you have before? You're probably experiencing a conflict between your old drivers of your previous graphics card and your new drivers. I suggest reformatting your hard drive and reinstalling everything over again.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

I suggest reformatting your hard drive and reinstalling everything over again.
I suggest kicking the computer again in case its not fvcked.

A bit extreme I think.

Try Re-installing DX. Downgrade gfx. Uninstall all ATI software. Re-install ATI software. Upgrade gfx.

If that doesn't work then kick the computer twice. :smile:

<b><font color=blue>~scribble~</font color=blue></b> :wink: <A HREF="http://www.ud.com/home.htm" target="_new">Help cure cancer.</A>

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
I suggest kicking the computer again in case its not fvcked.

A bit extreme I think.

Try Re-installing DX. Downgrade gfx. Uninstall all ATI software. Re-install ATI software. Upgrade gfx.

If that doesn't work then kick the computer twice.
lol, that's what I always do after every upgrade.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor