File Settings and Transfer Wizard won't write Wizard CD

I want to migrate data from my old computer (98) to my new computer (XP) via
serial cable. To do that I need to create a "Wizard Disk" for my old
computer. I'm trying to use "File and Settings Transfer Wizard" on my new
computer to create the Wizard CD, but that program doesn't recognize my
CD-RW/DVD drive (E:). The dropdown list used to select the output device
includes choices for only F, G, H, and I, my 8-in-1 media drives. How can I
get it to write to my CD on drive E?
--
Thanks
PJ

    PJ wrote:
    > I want to migrate data from my old computer (98) to my new computer
    > (XP) via serial cable. To do that I need to create a "Wizard Disk"
    > for my old computer. I'm trying to use "File and Settings Transfer
    > Wizard" on my new computer to create the Wizard CD, but that program
    > doesn't recognize my CD-RW/DVD drive (E:). The dropdown list used to
    > select the output device includes choices for only F, G, H, and I, my
    > 8-in-1 media drives. How can I get it to write to my CD on drive E?

    Use the Windows XP CD..?

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306186

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    Apparently, my question statement was incomplete. I need to create a "Wizard
    Disk" for my old computer because I don't have an XP CD. XP was installed by
    the manufacturer of my system and they didn't provide an XP CD.
    --
    Thanks
    PJ

    PJ wrote:
    > Apparently, my question statement was incomplete. I need to create a
    > "Wizard Disk" for my old computer because I don't have an XP CD. XP
    > was installed by the manufacturer of my system and they didn't
    > provide an XP CD.

    Do both systems have a floppy drive?
    Create the Wizard disk on the floppy diskette.

    Otherwise - I am fairly certain Windows XP does not have the capability (or
    at least F.A.S.T doesn't) to create a Wizard CD on its own.. Perhaps a
    Wizard Floppy disk which you could create a CD from using a third party
    tool..

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306187

    Your best bet would be to borrow a friends Windows XP CD, if you have one
    with one..

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP