which wireless ethernet card is the best?

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
June 3, 2004 1:30:46 AM

hello group

I am sic of my 3com officeconnect 11g usb adapter, so i am buying
another one..

Which card, pcmcia (or usb, if its really good) would you recommend?

I want a card which works, no fancy stuff, just plain simple and functional.

It will run on linux and windows 98 se.

More about : wireless ethernet card

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
June 3, 2004 1:30:47 AM

recently switched to one here with an antenna jack, compex(linux?
prismGT/nitro) - added a flat blade antenna, nice worthy feature!
June 3, 2004 3:49:48 AM

US Robotics USR805410 Turbo PC Card is the best. For best results it should
be combined with USR808054 router and the latest drivers. It supports Linux.
I installed it in many locations and it works great. For best results you
should always use a router and cards from the same manufacturer.

"Martin Johansen" <mfag@online.no> wrote in message
> hello group
>
> I am sic of my 3com officeconnect 11g usb adapter, so i am buying
> another one..
>
> Which card, pcmcia (or usb, if its really good) would you recommend?
>
> I want a card which works, no fancy stuff, just plain simple and
functional.

> It will run on linux and windows 98 se.
Related resources
June 25, 2004 8:35:31 PM

"Adam" <replyto@newsgroup.com> wrote in

> US Robotics USR805410 Turbo PC Card is the best. For best results it
> should be combined with USR808054 router and the latest drivers. It
> supports Linux. I installed it in many locations and it works great.
> For best results you should always use a router and cards from the
> same manufacturer.

I have a 3com 812 can i connect the USR808054 to the 3com?

TIA

--
Croak

Las ranas que viven en las cascadas no conocen el oceano
ni la existencia de un mundo mas amplio.
Piensan que ese mundo es el mayor.

"Quien se sienta en el fondo de un pozo
para contemplar el cielo... lo encontrara pequeño".

KERMIT :) O=={
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
June 26, 2004 11:19:26 PM

I would have thought that the best wireless card available is one you either
stole or got for nothing.

!