which wireless ethernet card is the best?

hello group

I am sic of my 3com officeconnect 11g usb adapter, so i am buying
another one..

Which card, pcmcia (or usb, if its really good) would you recommend?

I want a card which works, no fancy stuff, just plain simple and functional.

It will run on linux and windows 98 se.
4 answers Last reply
More about which wireless ethernet card best

    recently switched to one here with an antenna jack, compex(linux?
    prismGT/nitro) - added a flat blade antenna, nice worthy feature!

    US Robotics USR805410 Turbo PC Card is the best. For best results it should
    be combined with USR808054 router and the latest drivers. It supports Linux.
    I installed it in many locations and it works great. For best results you
    should always use a router and cards from the same manufacturer.

    "Adam" <replyto@newsgroup.com> wrote in

    > US Robotics USR805410 Turbo PC Card is the best. For best results it
    > should be combined with USR808054 router and the latest drivers. It
    > supports Linux. I installed it in many locations and it works great.
    > For best results you should always use a router and cards from the
    > same manufacturer.

    I have a 3com 812 can i connect the USR808054 to the 3com?

    TIA

    --
    Croak

    Las ranas que viven en las cascadas no conocen el oceano
    ni la existencia de un mundo mas amplio.
    Piensan que ese mundo es el mayor.

    "Quien se sienta en el fondo de un pozo
    para contemplar el cielo... lo encontrara pequeño".

    KERMIT :)O=={

    I would have thought that the best wireless card available is one you either
    stole or got for nothing.

    "Kermit" <Micharca@miraver.com> wrote in message
    > "Adam" <replyto@newsgroup.com> wrote in
    >
    > > US Robotics USR805410 Turbo PC Card is the best. For best results it
    > > should be combined with USR808054 router and the latest drivers. It
    > > supports Linux. I installed it in many locations and it works great.
    > > For best results you should always use a router and cards from the
    > > same manufacturer.
    > >

    > I have a 3com 812 can i connect the USR808054 to the 3com?
    >

    > TIA
    >

    > --
    > Croak
    >
    > Las ranas que viven en las cascadas no conocen el oceano
    > ni la existencia de un mundo mas amplio.
    > Piensan que ese mundo es el mayor.
    >
    > "Quien se sienta en el fondo de un pozo
    > para contemplar el cielo... lo encontrara pequeño".
    >
    > KERMIT :)O=={

Wireless Ethernet Card Wireless Networking