Is Jaton good?

mito

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2002
Greetings,

I'm about to buy a system, and I'd appreciate very much if you could tell me if this configuration is enough (good 3d speeds) for playing games like Return to Wolfenstein, Medal of Honour,Max Payne, etc:

AMD K7 1Ghz - ASUS a7v
128 Mb
HD 20Gb
Jaton GeForce 2 MX 400 64Mb

Thank you very much in advance.

Mito
Rio, Brazil

FatBurger

Illustrious
It will be sufficient, but won't be for too much longer. You'll need to get a better video card within the year, at least.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

Smilin

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001
That graphics card isn't going to make it very long. It is *sufficient* for today which means it's going to be obsolete very soon. See if you can get your hands on a GeForce 2 Ti200. The price should be very close and it will last you alot longer.

FatBurger

Illustrious
You enjoy repeating my posts, don't you? :lol:

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
I had a Jaton Geforce 2 MX and it was a great card. Gave me very few problems, and ran with the Detonator drivers. It still works great after about 2 years of use.

I sold my soul to Microsoft, and all I got was this lousy operating system.

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
yes more ram is deffinately in order, its the cheapest part of a computer now so what the hell.

i went to the tomshardware forums and all i got was this lousy signature.