Installing a program from the Owner profile?

so, i got this program from one of my friends to edit music called Cool Edit
Pro. i installed this program but near 85% or so, it gives me an error saying
that it can't continue and i should install it from the Administrators
account. Well, there are 4 profiles on my Windows XP. Mine, my two parents
and my brother, and we can't seem to find who the administrator was. At the
beginning of installing the computer i believe it said something about how
many persons were going to be using the computer. But we never figured out
which one was the administrator. On my friends computer that is also the same
Version of Windows XP they have an owner account. But it actually says Owner
and ours just has our names. So can someone please inform me on how-to access
the administrators, or owners, account so i can install this program. I would
greatly appreciate it. if anyone responds, thank you so much.
3 answers Last reply
More about installing program owner profile

    - If you have XP Home, boot up into Safe Mode (when BIOS screen turns
    black hit F8 several times and choose that option). You will see an
    account named "Administrator". This one is an administrative account.
    Create there (I mean, in Safe Mode) a new administrative accound by
    going to Control Panel > User accounts and restart normally. Log in into
    this new account and install the software.

    - If you have XP Professional, hit twice Ctrl+Alt+Del in welcome screen
    and you will see there you "Adminstrator" account (named so). Do the
    same: create a new account and so on.

    --
    www.fermu.com

    "Titarius" <Titarius@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje
    > so, i got this program from one of my friends to edit music called
    > Cool Edit
    > Pro. i installed this program but near 85% or so, it gives me an error
    > saying
    > that it can't continue and i should install it from the Administrators
    > account. Well, there are 4 profiles on my Windows XP. Mine, my two
    > parents
    > and my brother, and we can't seem to find who the administrator was.
    > At the
    > beginning of installing the computer i believe it said something about
    > how
    > many persons were going to be using the computer. But we never figured
    > out
    > which one was the administrator. On my friends computer that is also
    > the same
    > Version of Windows XP they have an owner account. But it actually says
    > Owner
    > and ours just has our names. So can someone please inform me on how-to
    > access
    > the administrators, or owners, account so i can install this program.
    > I would
    > greatly appreciate it. if anyone responds, thank you so much.

    actually, that didnt work. it seemed like it would have worked but it didnt.
    i have Home edition and i did what you said, going to the administrators
    account and creating the new profile. i did all that. then tried to install
    and got the same error message. "Error: You do not have access to make the
    required system configuration modifications. Please re-run this installationg
    from an administrators account." so knowing how to get to that account i went
    to it again and tried installing the program from there. and it still didnt
    work. i was also thinking that of the 4 profiles on my computer we are all
    computer administrators so im guessing that it should have works. maybe if
    there was only one computer administrator would that work? its just a theory.
    i havent tried it yet. it just seems like it would work. anyway, maybe theres
    something i didnt do?

    "José Gallardo" wrote:

    > - If you have XP Home, boot up into Safe Mode (when BIOS screen turns
    > black hit F8 several times and choose that option). You will see an
    > account named "Administrator". This one is an administrative account.
    > Create there (I mean, in Safe Mode) a new administrative accound by
    > going to Control Panel > User accounts and restart normally. Log in into
    > this new account and install the software.
    >
    > - If you have XP Professional, hit twice Ctrl+Alt+Del in welcome screen
    > and you will see there you "Adminstrator" account (named so). Do the
    > same: create a new account and so on.
    >
    > --
    > www.fermu.com
    >

    > "Titarius" <Titarius@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje
    > > so, i got this program from one of my friends to edit music called
    > > Cool Edit
    > > Pro. i installed this program but near 85% or so, it gives me an error
    > > saying
    > > that it can't continue and i should install it from the Administrators
    > > account. Well, there are 4 profiles on my Windows XP. Mine, my two
    > > parents
    > > and my brother, and we can't seem to find who the administrator was.
    > > At the
    > > beginning of installing the computer i believe it said something about
    > > how
    > > many persons were going to be using the computer. But we never figured
    > > out
    > > which one was the administrator. On my friends computer that is also
    > > the same
    > > Version of Windows XP they have an owner account. But it actually says
    > > Owner
    > > and ours just has our names. So can someone please inform me on how-to
    > > access
    > > the administrators, or owners, account so i can install this program.
    > > I would
    > > greatly appreciate it. if anyone responds, thank you so much.

    If the four users are administrator ones you should be able to install
    the software. On which folder is the software trying to install itself?
    On "Program files"?

    --

> [...]
    >> > about
    >> > how
    >> > many persons were going to be using the computer. But we never
    >> > figured
    >> > out
    >> > which one was the administrator. On my friends computer that is
    >> > also
    >> > the same
    >> > Version of Windows XP they have an owner account. But it actually
    >> > says
    >> > Owner
    >> > and ours just has our names. So can someone please inform me on
    >> > how-to
    >> > access
    >> > the administrators, or owners, account so i can install this
    >> > program.
    >> > I would
    >> > greatly appreciate it. if anyone responds, thank you so much.

Computers Windows XP