GeForce 3 or RADEON??

SAITCH0

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2002
Im about to enter 3d modeling school and will be using Maya 3D and Studio Max 3D and was wondering wich card to choose between a GeForce 3 TI-500 or a Radeon 8500 for those softwares.

FatBurger

Illustrious
Get a GF3 and turn it into a Quadro DCC. See Flamethrower for details.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

SAITCH0

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2002
I know there are some video card made for those programms but my question is: Whats better a GeForce 3 ti-500 OR a RADEON 8500 to work with MAYA 3D and STUDIO MAX 3D??

jchedley

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2001
id bet on the gf3 actually, since the radeon seems to be more biased towards accellerating DX, rather than OGL...

although im not that knowledgable on gfx cards...

Jake75

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2001
Well, I understand that you want a fast card, but I don´t think there are that much of a difference between the two when it comes to 3D apps.
Also, it depends of what kind of scenes/models you are creating, Schools usually teach "light-weight" modelling, like characters for games...
But then again, faster=better, so go for the Gf3.

.Shitfaced.

FatBurger

Illustrious
The GF3 is better with OpenGL, and you can modify it to turn it into a Quadro DCC.
Forget the FireGL comment, he must not have been thinking about the cost.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>