Error Message when trying to run System Restore

Kerry

I receive the following error message when I try to run System Restore on my
Computer - has anyone seen anything like this before that could possibly
point to a solution?

System Restore Application has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Error signature
AppName: rstrui.exe AppVer: 5.1.2600.2180 ModName: srrstr.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 00009826

Note: I have already tried replacing the srrstr.dll and rstrui.exe file
with new copies.

Kerry, rt click MyComputer>select Properties>System Restore>Check Box
Turn off system restore for all drives.
Restart and reverse that procedure. Also, check at Kelly's
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm Select S
and scroll to System Restore.
"Kerry" <Kerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I receive the following error message when I try to run System Restore on
>my
> Computer - has anyone seen anything like this before that could possibly
> point to a solution?
>
> System Restore Application has encountered a problem and needs to close.
>
> Error signature
> AppName: rstrui.exe AppVer: 5.1.2600.2180 ModName: srrstr.dll
> ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 00009826
>
> Note: I have already tried replacing the srrstr.dll and rstrui.exe file
> with new copies.

Kerry

Thanks for your quick response Rich, but I have tried that also. The System
Restore does not allow me to get that far. Even if I go through My Computer
Properties and try to click on the System Restore tab I get this error -
basically I get the error with anything that tries to launch the System
Restore application.