Paul

Splendid

Hi

Is it possible to alter the default time out setting for system lock, I
would like more control over my system and tbe system lock while useful
does get in the way sligtly, mainly when downloading large files

I have tried help and support center and it's not much use, and I am
not sure exactly what to type in, system lock just seems to explain
what it does.

Thanks

PAUL wrote:
> Is it possible to alter the default time out setting for system lock,
> I would like more control over my system and tbe system lock while
> useful does get in the way sligtly, mainly when downloading large
> files
> I have tried help and support center and it's not much use, and I am
> not sure exactly what to type in, system lock just seems to explain
> what it does.

You mean the time the screensaver takes to kick in and lock the screen?
Or the time from when the screensaver kicks in to when it actually locks the
screen?
Or do you have Power management turned on?
Or do you have a scheduled task running that does it after some idle time?

Which setting are you looking for that cannot be found under the screensaver
tab of the Display control panel or in scheduled tasks or possibly in a MS
TweakUI setting about screensavers?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

It's either a screensaver or power saving. Look in CP.