Using Multiple Monitors with a Laptop

I cannot set my external monitor to Primary when using a laptop. The
selection for "Make this monitor Primary" is always greyed out. Can anyone
assist?
4 answers Last reply
More about using multiple monitors laptop

    On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 07:26:02 -0700, Telephony Guy wrote:

    > I cannot set my external monitor to Primary when using a laptop. The
    > selection for "Make this monitor Primary" is always greyed out. Can anyone
    > assist?

    If your display adapter does not support this, then it's not going to
    happen. When it's available may be a factor as well. Example: May not work
    running off of A/C but work when connected to a docking station. However,
    even with a docking station, you may find as I do with my tablet PC that
    the PC is still the primary display.

    Check documentation for your system to see what features for second monitor
    are available to you and what conditions might apply.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    How To Configure and Use Multiple Monitors in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307873

    UltraMon (dual monitor)
    http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/
    --
    XP-WNP
    Today is the first day of the

    "Telephony Guy" wrote:

    > I cannot set my external monitor to Primary when using a laptop. The
    > selection for "Make this monitor Primary" is always greyed out. Can anyone
    > assist?
  3. You need a Multi-Monitor Laptop that can support Multiple Monitors.

    Here are two Models that support up to 3 External Monitors.

    ATI Multiple Monitor Laptop
    NVidia Multi-Monitor Laptop
  4. Hello spammer! You've been digging deep into the archives. Another company for us all to boycott.

Laptops Support External Monitor Monitors Microsoft Windows XP