Using Multiple Monitors with a Laptop

a b D Laptop
a b C Monitor
August 30, 2005 11:26:02 AM

I cannot set my external monitor to Primary when using a laptop. The
selection for "Make this monitor Primary" is always greyed out. Can anyone
assist?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b C Monitor
August 30, 2005 3:25:32 PM

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 07:26:02 -0700, Telephony Guy wrote:

> I cannot set my external monitor to Primary when using a laptop. The
> selection for "Make this monitor Primary" is always greyed out. Can anyone
> assist?

If your display adapter does not support this, then it's not going to
happen. When it's available may be a factor as well. Example: May not work
running off of A/C but work when connected to a docking station. However,
even with a docking station, you may find as I do with my tablet PC that
the PC is still the primary display.

Check documentation for your system to see what features for second monitor
are available to you and what conditions might apply.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

How To Configure and Use Multiple Monitors in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307873

UltraMon (dual monitor)
http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/
--
XP-WNP
Today is the first day of the

"Telephony Guy" wrote:

> I cannot set my external monitor to Primary when using a laptop. The
> selection for "Make this monitor Primary" is always greyed out. Can anyone
> assist?
Related resources
a b D Laptop
a b C Monitor
March 24, 2009 4:48:19 PM

Hello spammer! You've been digging deep into the archives. Another company for us all to boycott.
!