Using Multiple Monitors with a Laptop

I cannot set my external monitor to Primary when using a laptop. The
selection for "Make this monitor Primary" is always greyed out. Can anyone
assist?

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 07:26:02 -0700, Telephony Guy wrote:

> I cannot set my external monitor to Primary when using a laptop. The
> selection for "Make this monitor Primary" is always greyed out. Can anyone
> assist?

If your display adapter does not support this, then it's not going to
happen. When it's available may be a factor as well. Example: May not work
running off of A/C but work when connected to a docking station. However,
even with a docking station, you may find as I do with my tablet PC that
the PC is still the primary display.

Check documentation for your system to see what features for second monitor
are available to you and what conditions might apply.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Byte

How To Configure and Use Multiple Monitors in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307873

UltraMon (dual monitor)
http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/
--