Programs refuse to run after I restart my computer

Rig

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2002

After restarting my computer, programs never run. They show up in "Running
Processes" in the Task Manager, but they don't actually do anything! It takes
about 10 minutes for the system to "wake up" and it runs all the programs I
clicked on at once.
Can somebody help me? I'm using an Acer Aspire 5000 laptop with an AMD
Turion 64 chip. I do have AdAware and Spybot.

--
insert witty signature here

Byte

Start>Run>type MSCONFIG>click OK
Click Startup tab and uncheck/disable everything except anti-virus app
Click Apply and Close. Reboot.

Edit MSCONFIG/startup
http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml
--
XP-WNP
Today is the first day of the

"" wrote:
> After restarting my computer, programs never run. They show up
> in "Running
> Processes" in the Task Manager, but they don't actually do
> anything! It takes
> about 10 minutes for the system to "wake up" and it runs all
> the programs I
> clicked on at once.
> Can somebody help me? I'm using an Acer Aspire 5000 laptop
> with an AMD
> Turion 64 chip. I do have AdAware and Spybot.
>
> --
> insert witty signature here

Hi
you need to provide us with more details on the issue.

Firt thing is try a system restore to a date when your system was
working fine.
start->programs->Accessories->system tools->system restore
then follow the instructions on the screen.

After restarting check if your programs are working fine, else get
back with more details.
Then to make your system work faster, clear startup items
start->run->msconfig hit enter, click on startup tab, clear all
unnecessary programs from the startup list. Restart the computer and
see how it works.

Also system could be slow bcuz of lot of harddrive access. You can try
disk clean up and defrag. Regular defrag is better for system.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Programs-refuse-run-restart-computer-ftopict415275.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1384018