Error Message when windows comes up

Here is the problem I'm having. When windows comes up an error message occurs:
X Can not find c:/windows/dllreg.exe
! Could not load or run c:/windows/dllreg.exe located in the registry
Does any one know how I could fix this problem?
Thanks!
--
Andy
5 answers Last reply

    Dllreg.exe was added to your computer by the Dumaru.c virus, which is a new
    variant of the Dumaru Virus. This virus searches the hard disk, looking for
    files with htm, .wab, .html, .dbx, .tbb, or .abd extensions and searches for
    e-mail addresses it can send itself to, which are in turn stored in
    winload.log

    --
    Ted Zieglar
    "You can do it if you try."

    "AndyJay" <AndyJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Here is the problem I'm having. When windows comes up an error message
    occurs:
    > X Can not find c:/windows/dllreg.exe
    > ! Could not load or run c:/windows/dllreg.exe located in the registry
    > Does any one know how I could fix this problem?
    > Thanks!
    > --
    > Andy

    I run my anti-virus alot. Is there a way to fix this so the error messages
    dont' come up? Thanks for the reply man.
    --
    Andy

    "Ted Zieglar" wrote:

    > Dllreg.exe was added to your computer by the Dumaru.c virus, which is a new
    > variant of the Dumaru Virus. This virus searches the hard disk, looking for
    > files with htm, .wab, .html, .dbx, .tbb, or .abd extensions and searches for
    > e-mail addresses it can send itself to, which are in turn stored in
    > winload.log
    >
    > --
    > Ted Zieglar
    > "You can do it if you try."
    >
    > "AndyJay" <AndyJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Here is the problem I'm having. When windows comes up an error message
    > occurs:
    > > X Can not find c:/windows/dllreg.exe
    > > ! Could not load or run c:/windows/dllreg.exe located in the registry
    > > Does any one know how I could fix this problem?
    > > Thanks!
    > > --
    > > Andy

    Hi AndyJay,

    Information and removal instructions for the W32.Dumaru worm:
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.dumaru@mm.html
    In the Manual Removal instructions is information regarding Disabling System
    Restore.....do give that a read.

    You could download and run the W32.Dumaru Removal Tool which should clean up
    any remaining traces of the trojan:
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.dumaru.removal.tool.html

    Regards,

    --
    Patti MacLeod
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "AndyJay" <AndyJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Here is the problem I'm having. When windows comes up an error message
    occurs:
    > X Can not find c:/windows/dllreg.exe
    > ! Could not load or run c:/windows/dllreg.exe located in the registry
    > Does any one know how I could fix this problem?
    > Thanks!
    > --
    > Andy

    Thanks. Will give it a shot
    --
    Andy

    "Patti MacLeod" wrote:

    > Hi AndyJay,
    >
    > Information and removal instructions for the W32.Dumaru worm:
    > http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.dumaru@mm.html
    > In the Manual Removal instructions is information regarding Disabling System
    > Restore.....do give that a read.
    >
    > You could download and run the W32.Dumaru Removal Tool which should clean up
    > any remaining traces of the trojan:
    > http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.dumaru.removal.tool.html
    >

    > Regards,
    >
    > --
    > Patti MacLeod
    > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >
    > "AndyJay" <AndyJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Here is the problem I'm having. When windows comes up an error message
    > occurs:
    > > X Can not find c:/windows/dllreg.exe
    > > ! Could not load or run c:/windows/dllreg.exe located in the registry
    > > Does any one know how I could fix this problem?
    > > Thanks!
    > > --
    > > Andy

    You're welcome..........I hope it works :-)

    Regards,

    --

    > Thanks. Will give it a shot
    > --
    > Andy
    >

    > "Patti MacLeod" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi AndyJay,
    > >
    > > Information and removal instructions for the W32.Dumaru worm:

    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.dumaru@mm.html
    > > In the Manual Removal instructions is information regarding Disabling
    System
    > > Restore.....do give that a read.
    > >
    > > You could download and run the W32.Dumaru Removal Tool which should
    clean up
    > > any remaining traces of the trojan:

    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.dumaru.removal.tool.html

    > > Regards,
    > >
    > > --
    > > Patti MacLeod
    > > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > >
    > > "AndyJay" <AndyJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > Here is the problem I'm having. When windows comes up an error message
    > > occurs:
    > > > X Can not find c:/windows/dllreg.exe
    > > > ! Could not load or run c:/windows/dllreg.exe located in the registry
    > > > Does any one know how I could fix this problem?
    > > > Thanks!
    > > > --
    > > > Andy

Support Microsoft Error Message Windows XP