Status
Not open for further replies.

I somehow disabled and stopped a large quantity of items in servicemsc. I
went in and started / automatic everything. Should i not have done this? also
I lost my Printer cant uninstall or install.chang/remove is missing, i have
Windows xp home

"pamp" <pamp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I somehow disabled and stopped a large quantity of items in servicemsc. I
> went in and started / automatic everything. Should i not have done this?
> also
> I lost my Printer cant uninstall or install.chang/remove is missing, i
> have
> Windows xp home

Don't know how accurate this is but here's one list of the default services:

http://www.tweakhound.com/xp/defserv.htm

If you set everything to automatic you probably have services running that
aren't needed. This will slow down your computer and may cause other
problems.

Kerry

Go to Start > Run and type: MSCONFIG , and hit enter.
Under the General tab, check "Normal Startup - load all device drivers and services",
click "apply" and reboot.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"pamp" wrote:

| I somehow disabled and stopped a large quantity of items in servicemsc. I
| went in and started / automatic everything. Should i not have done this? also
| I lost my Printer cant uninstall or install.chang/remove is missing, i have
| Windows xp home

Check here too, for details on services you need or don't need..

j;-)

"pamp" wrote:

> I somehow disabled and stopped a large quantity of items in servicemsc. I
> went in and started / automatic everything. Should i not have done this? also
> I lost my Printer cant uninstall or install.chang/remove is missing, i have
> Windows xp home

om prakash singh

Reputable