Closed

service msc

August 30, 2005 3:15:08 PM

I somehow disabled and stopped a large quantity of items in servicemsc. I
went in and started / automatic everything. Should i not have done this? also
I lost my Printer cant uninstall or install.chang/remove is missing, i have
Windows xp home

More about : service msc

Anonymous
August 30, 2005 4:22:58 PM

"pamp" <pamp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I somehow disabled and stopped a large quantity of items in servicemsc. I
> went in and started / automatic everything. Should i not have done this?
> also
> I lost my Printer cant uninstall or install.chang/remove is missing, i
> have
> Windows xp home

Don't know how accurate this is but here's one list of the default services:

http://www.tweakhound.com/xp/defserv.htm

If you set everything to automatic you probably have services running that
aren't needed. This will slow down your computer and may cause other
problems.

Kerry
Anonymous
August 30, 2005 5:29:03 PM

Go to Start > Run and type: MSCONFIG , and hit enter.
Under the General tab, check "Normal Startup - load all device drivers and services",
click "apply" and reboot.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"pamp" wrote:

| I somehow disabled and stopped a large quantity of items in servicemsc. I
| went in and started / automatic everything. Should i not have done this? also
| I lost my Printer cant uninstall or install.chang/remove is missing, i have
| Windows xp home
August 30, 2005 8:49:02 PM

Check here too, for details on services you need or don't need..

j;-)

"pamp" wrote:

> I somehow disabled and stopped a large quantity of items in servicemsc. I
> went in and started / automatic everything. Should i not have done this? also
> I lost my Printer cant uninstall or install.chang/remove is missing, i have
> Windows xp home
March 12, 2014 7:41:24 AM

!