Two (or more) Windows/System folders?

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

I wondered if someone might know the difference in these two similar-looking
folders...

1) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM

2) C:\Documents and Zettings\GeorgeDoe\WINDOWS\system

The second folder is empty, and it's in there with things like this...
Cookies
Favorites
Local Settings
My Documents
WINDOWS <----last folder, and sub is \system

Thanks,
George

Jim

"George" <air1@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>I wondered if someone might know the difference in these two
>similar-looking
> folders...
>
> 1) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM
This is the folder for the OS

> 2) C:\Documents and Zettings\GeorgeDoe\WINDOWS\system
This may be the folder for another OS.
Does bootini reference this bogus folder?
Jim

> The second folder is empty, and it's in there with things like this...
> Cookies
> Favorites
> Local Settings
> My Documents
> WINDOWS <----last folder, and sub is \system
What is in this folder?

> Thanks,
> George

Jim

Jim

"Jim" <j.n@nospam.com> wrote in message

> "George" <air1@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>>I wondered if someone might know the difference in these two
>>similar-looking
>> folders...
>>
>> 1) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM
> This is the folder for the OS
>>
>> 2) C:\Documents and Zettings\GeorgeDoe\WINDOWS\system
> This may be the folder for another OS.
> Does bootini reference this bogus folder?
> Jim
>>
>> The second folder is empty, and it's in there with things like this...
>> Cookies
>> Favorites
>> Local Settings
>> My Documents
>> WINDOWS <----last folder, and sub is \system
> What is in this folder?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> George
>>

> Jim

On further checking, I found that I have a windows\system folder in the same
place as George. However, as there is nothing in the folder, there can't be
cause for alarm.
Jim