WINDOWSSYSTEM32CONFIGSYSTEM error and will not boot

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have an OEM pc and read some things but it says not to try on OEM pc.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307545

I tried anyway and it did what it said it would do and i could not do
anything. It would boot with a pasword error and restart. Then I hooked up
my hdd to another pc using an external usb/hdd case and removed the
c:\windows\system32\config system file and replace it with the origional and
i am back to teh origional problem. Do i have any other options besides
reinstall? This is not going to be an easy install since it has custom apps.

Thanks,
James

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Support for an OEM pc is only from the OEM vendor.

"James" <acidflea@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have an OEM pc and read some things but it says not to try on OEM pc.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307545
>
> I tried anyway and it did what it said it would do and i could not do
> anything. It would boot with a pasword error and restart. Then I hooked up
> my hdd to another pc using an external usb/hdd case and removed the
> c:\windows\system32\config system file and replace it with the origional
> and i am back to teh origional problem. Do i have any other options
> besides reinstall? This is not going to be an easy install since it has
> custom apps.
>
> Thanks,
> James

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Well nothing ventured nothing gained. Have you tried replacing the sam,
security, software & default files. While you are doing that don't overwrite
the files without making a copy first as per the MS instructions.
And you probably don't have any other option apart from reinstall other than
trying the above suggestions.

Neil

"James" <acidflea@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have an OEM pc and read some things but it says not to try on OEM pc.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307545
>
> I tried anyway and it did what it said it would do and i could not do
> anything. It would boot with a pasword error and restart. Then I hooked up
> my hdd to another pc using an external usb/hdd case and removed the
> c:\windows\system32\config system file and replace it with the origional
> and i am back to teh origional problem. Do i have any other options
> besides reinstall? This is not going to be an easy install since it has
> custom apps.
>
> Thanks,
> James

TRENDING THREADS