Excel 2003 - fit printing to page

There is a facility in Excel to automatically size the spreadsheet to fit
onto one printed page - very useful if you have a sheet which just overflows
on to 2 or 3 pages. It used to work for me in Excel 97, but with my new PC
(XP, Excel 2003 SP1) it does not. If I try to fit a 2-page spreadsheet onto
one page, it produces about 65 pages each with a microscopic bit of print.
Does anyone know if this is a known problem or something peculiar to my
configuration?

Andrew

"John Styleman" <John Styleman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> There is a facility in Excel to automatically size the spreadsheet to fit
> onto one printed page - very useful if you have a sheet which just
> overflows
> on to 2 or 3 pages. It used to work for me in Excel 97, but with my new
> PC
> (XP, Excel 2003 SP1) it does not. If I try to fit a 2-page spreadsheet
> onto
> one page, it produces about 65 pages each with a microscopic bit of print.
> Does anyone know if this is a known problem or something peculiar to my
> configuration?

I think you need to clear your print area (File - Print Area - Clear) and
then reslect the print are by draggin over the data you wish to print and
then setting the print area (File - Print Area - Set Print Area). It sounds
like the area to be printed is bigger than you think

If the area to be printed is too big then Excel just cannot scale it doen to
1 page x 1 page.

Andy

Many thanks, but that's not the answer. I tried it, to no avail! The sheet
I want to print is not very big - it only takes just over a page if I don't
try "fit to page".