Misdirected direct connect calls

This problem has been plaguing my friend for a couple of months now and
Nextel has done nothing about it to fix the problem. He has been on
occasion recieving alerts from some person in Kentucky (I'm in New Jersey).
He has spoken to the person who keeps DC someone and the numbers aren't
even close to his. They both have put in a claim ticket my friend more
than onece and have recieved the runaround every time. The only thing they
have suggestion to my friend is change his direct connect which he
shouldn't do since this is a Nextel problem and the other thing they said
was to block his calls which you aren't even able to do. Anyone have any
ideas?
6 answers Last reply
More about misdirected direct connect calls
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    I have never heard of this happening before. I would keep on Nextel to
    get it figured out. Keep calling them and make them figure it out.

    --
    1badss
    http://cellphoneforums.net

    1badss <1badss.1fx3v6@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in

    > I have never heard of this happening before. I would keep on Nextel to
    > get it figured out. Keep calling them and make them figure it out.
    >

    > --
    > 1badss
    > http://cellphoneforums.net

    Will do. It could just be someone bullshitting him but 7 months is a long
    time to keep a prank up that isn't even harassing. It sounds genuinely
    like it is mistaken.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    In message <Xns95A5C2BC95431rowsdower@216.196.97.131> rowsdower
    <SOL@noemail.com> wrote:

    >Will do. It could just be someone bullshitting him but 7 months is a long
    >time to keep a prank up that isn't even harassing. It sounds genuinely
    >like it is mistaken.

    Or pure stupidity...

    --
    Yeah man, I tell ya what, man. That dang ol'
    Internet, man. You just go on there and point

    This happened to me also ... I kept getting calls from someone in New
    York ... and then, after a while, he started being a perverted ***hole
    ... I also contacted nextel and got no reply

    --
    isanblm
    http://cellphoneforums.net

    isanblm Wrote:
    > This happened to me also ... I kept getting calls from someone in Ne
    > York ... and then, after a while, he started being a perverted ***hol
    > ... I also contacted nextel and got no repl
    >
    > -
    > isanbl
    > http://cellphoneforums.ne
    > View this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t157923.htm

    A similar thing happened to me, but in reverse. I was called but the
    call went to another cell phone .... twice on the same day ...... my
    wife was the caller and .... Not good. My provider say it is
    impossible, as do the land line provider. In a word, you're stuffed!

    Seb

    --
    Seb
  6. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    "Seb" <Seb.1sjkt3@mobile-forum.co.uk> wrote in message

    > isanblm Wrote:
    > > This happened to me also ... I kept getting calls from someone in Ne
    > > York ... and then, after a while, he started being a perverted ***hol
    > > ... I also contacted nextel and got no repl
    > >
    > > -
    Same as with a landline provider, you need to call the police and report it.
    They will then get a subpoena and get the info from Nextel and prosecute the
    person. I've received calls like that in the past and they stopped really
    fast when I told them I was reporting them to the police. I found out
    through a friend who works at Nextel the person calling me was a Boost
    subscriber...

Nextel Connection Internet Service Providers