PwrPak

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2001
ok, i have Visiontek Gf3 card 64mg.
Iwill Xp333-R 2.1 current bios 12.23.01

at boot up = Warpy SCreens ( Scrambled)
IN most games i start to play .. WArpy
or sometimes i would surf the net, then warpy

so i got frusterated with it, and put back my Voodoo4 back in with 3rd party versions..

GF3 drivers was 21.81

thnxs to thos who do respond...

" PP "

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Make sure you have the card ALL the way in the slot. Also make sure you have your monitor plugged in all the way. Double check your bios settings for the video card too. I know all this stuff seems elementary computer problems but I can't even count the number of times I've had problems that were solved this easily, or other people I've helped this easily as well.
Also try some different drivers, and make sure you fully uninstall any old drivers, like your last video cards drivers, or old geforce 3 drivers.

Trusting every aspect of our lives to a giant computer was the greatest thing we ever did -Homer

Smilin

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001
AT boot up...do you been during Post/blackscreen or once you've hit your desktop.

If you're getting wavy text during Post you need to double check connectors and if that doesn't work take the thing back.

Did you set your video to VGA before you put the new card in?

lobley

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2002
"rest your BIOS and see if that helps" Rest? you mean it gets tired?

You meant reset, I know. Do that, but *don't* _update_ the bios. Or you may be looking for a new motherboard. I know from recent experience.

PwrPak

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2001
Confused.
Mobo= Iwill Xp333-R 2.1 ( bios oct. best bios )
Agp driver 1.82

it only works with my old Voodoo4 ago card.

i did a fresh install with the Geforce3 card, still scrambled screens at boot, bios screen, windows loading, and actualy in Windows.

so i thought its the Gcard, now i bought ATi Radeon le 64 ddr card and this does the same thing !!

could it be my monitor ? 3 years old CTX VL950

i not using the newest bios from iwill.. most peeps complain and they say oct. bios is the best so far !

bios for gcard .. well i couldnt flash if i could anyway because of the scrambled screen ( like a picture is being mixed left to right )

Amd 1.4 Athlon 266 F.S.B.
Iwill XP333-R 2.1 Revison ( Oct. Bios )
Geforce 3 64 agp , ATI 8500 le 64 agp, Vodoo4 32meg Agp ( still Currently using)
nic card
hp cdr 9150i

thnxs for the previous replys..

still ned help..

ps. reset bios ?
or in setting bios. what do i set..

thnxs

" PP "

lobley

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2002
You can reset the bios without being able to see it. Take the battery off the motherboard and leave it off for about 5 minutes. That should reset it. But don't simply take my word for it. Find out more, because I have killed my computer by messing with the bios.

Reseting it (not updating it) should be fine. but just be sure.

About the card. I am guessing, but it might work if the voltage to the agp slot is higher. I don't know how to do that, I am sure it is on the internet somewhere. Maybe the manufacturer of your motherboard.