Diamond Fire GL4000

G

All i need to know is, would the aformentioned card be any good for games compared with the Geforces' N' Radeons'?
Red Faction, UT, et al.
Thanx in advance.

May all your pins remain unbent. :)

G

Hi, Thanx and no offence to Flamethrower, but could i get just one more opinion.. hate to base things on just the one, hope you un'erstands ;)

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
why would you want to spend almost $2000 for a video card to play games?
the Fir GL4000 is made for Open GL rendering specifically for 3D modeling programs. Its mainly for rendering the Viewport in programs like Maya, 3D Studio Max, and anything else that does 3D rendering. I havn't read any reviews or anything about this card but theres a chance it could perform really well in Open GL games and suck extremely bad in Direct 3D. I remember back before Geforce 2 pro and better cards were released the Oxygen Glint Professional cards were being purchased by the hard core gamers because of Open GL performance.
I suggest getting a Ti500 or Radeon 8500 or waiting for Geforce 4 and possibly ATIs next offering (even though ATI can't fully support their current offering) You might even want to go to www.google.com and search and see if you can find a review of the Fire GL4000

Trusting every aspect of our lives to a giant computer was the greatest thing we ever did -Homer

G

Ok, thanx,i was tempted only because it's up for grabs for eighty punds sterling ;)