Automatically Launching Application After Logon

August 31, 2005 1:08:11 AM

Hi,

The machine in question is in an unsupervised, Kiosk type environement. The
computer is a stand-alone XP pro. It reboots itself once a day. The OS
automatically logs on a user with limited permissions after each reboot. I
have put a shortcut of the application in the Startup folder of the user. So
far, so good...

The problem:
The app that's being auto-launched runs on a local instance of SQL engine
(MSDE). It sometimes happens that the SQL services have not had enough time
to initialize before the App is launched. So it fails.

How can I configure the app to launch after the SQL has initialized?

All I need is about 30 secs. Can I insert a wait period? Can I slave it to
SQL?

Thanks for your input,
Anonymous
August 31, 2005 8:29:17 PM