help with startup time/possible worm??

:mad:

Hi all --

So my computer got a virus, I decided to use system restore, and upon
doing that, my computer took about 7 full minutes to load (it's a 3.4
mgz Pent IV 100 gig HD 1 gig ram system) ---

I then ran various virus programs and saw instances of a worm (over
1000 instances) that somehow got unlocked when I ran the restore
program (is that even possible??)

Anyways, now I THINK (as I cross my fingers) that the virus is gone,
but now the boot time is STILL taking a long time (4 minutes plus).
Some questions:

1] does a full HD make a difference w/ regard to boot time?
2] Would reinstalling windows possibly make a difference?
3] is there a possible spyware/adware/registry problem that norton
would not have picked up?? I have some ad-ware programs too, but just
checking.

Thanks soooo much!

-Eric

--
ericuf

Slow computer

"ericuf" <ericuf.1um5pr@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> :mad:
>
> Hi all --
>
> So my computer got a virus, I decided to use system restore, and upon
> doing that, my computer took about 7 full minutes to load (it's a 3.4
> mgz Pent IV 100 gig HD 1 gig ram system) ---
>
> I then ran various virus programs and saw instances of a worm (over
> 1000 instances) that somehow got unlocked when I ran the restore
> program (is that even possible??)
>
> Anyways, now I THINK (as I cross my fingers) that the virus is gone,
> but now the boot time is STILL taking a long time (4 minutes plus).
> Some questions:
>
> 1] does a full HD make a difference w/ regard to boot time?
> 2] Would reinstalling windows possibly make a difference?
> 3] is there a possible spyware/adware/registry problem that norton
> would not have picked up?? I have some ad-ware programs too, but just
> checking.
>
> Thanks soooo much!
>
> -Eric
>

> --