No drivers installed

In Device Manager,under System Devices, I find 15 different entries listed as
"NO drivers installed". Under the Driver tab, on the Driver Details button it
says "No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device".
Each device has a driver listed along with a version number,date, and signed
by Microsoft. Resources tab lists "NO Conflicts". The 15 devices are as
follows:
(1) Direct Memory Acess Controller
(2) Motherboard Resources
(3) Motherboard Resources
(4) Motherboard Resources
(5) Numeric Data Processor
(6) Nvidia nForce PCI System Management
(7) Nvidia nForce 2 400 Memory Controller
(8) Nvidia nForce 2 Memory Controller
(9) Nvidia nForce 2 Memory Controller
(10) Nvidia nForce 2 Memory Controller
(11) Nvidia nForce 2 Memory Controller
(12) Programmable Interrupt Controller
(13) Systemboard
(14) System Speaker
(15) System Timer
Is anyone familiar with this situation?
My computer is a "home build", running Windows XP Home SP2 and seems to
run fine, but has been plauged with "random re-boots" with about 90% of my
Online Crash Analysis reports citing "device driver problems".
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
MoBo - Biostar M7NCD
CPU - Athlon XP3200+
Video - MSI NX6600GT (VTD128) AGP
Ram - 2 Kingston 512's
HDD - ATA 133 Maxtor 120 GIG
DVD/CD Rom combo by Iomagic
Floppy - Generic by Mitsumi
Ultra Mini Dragon ATX Case

"The only dumb question...is the one you didn''t ask!"
3 answers Last reply
More about drivers installed

    Well if you had intel components,you'd run the "chipset installation utility"
    software that enables all that,but you dont.....

    "SpellSlinger" wrote:

    > In Device Manager,under System Devices, I find 15 different entries listed as
    > "NO drivers installed". Under the Driver tab, on the Driver Details button it
    > says "No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device".
    > Each device has a driver listed along with a version number,date, and signed
    > by Microsoft. Resources tab lists "NO Conflicts". The 15 devices are as
    > follows:
    > (1) Direct Memory Acess Controller
    > (2) Motherboard Resources
    > (3) Motherboard Resources
    > (4) Motherboard Resources
    > (5) Numeric Data Processor
    > (6) Nvidia nForce PCI System Management
    > (7) Nvidia nForce 2 400 Memory Controller
    > (8) Nvidia nForce 2 Memory Controller
    > (9) Nvidia nForce 2 Memory Controller
    > (10) Nvidia nForce 2 Memory Controller
    > (11) Nvidia nForce 2 Memory Controller
    > (12) Programmable Interrupt Controller
    > (13) Systemboard
    > (14) System Speaker
    > (15) System Timer
    > Is anyone familiar with this situation?
    > My computer is a "home build", running Windows XP Home SP2 and seems to
    > run fine, but has been plauged with "random re-boots" with about 90% of my
    > Online Crash Analysis reports citing "device driver problems".
    > Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    > MoBo - Biostar M7NCD
    > CPU - Athlon XP3200+
    > Video - MSI NX6600GT (VTD128) AGP
    > Ram - 2 Kingston 512's
    > HDD - ATA 133 Maxtor 120 GIG
    > DVD/CD Rom combo by Iomagic
    > Floppy - Generic by Mitsumi
    > Ultra Mini Dragon ATX Case
    >
    > "The only dumb question...is the one you didn''t ask!"

    The no drivers installed usually means that the drivers are somehow part of
    the windows system. (Even though you likely loaded "drivers" for the Nvidia
    Chip set) (Use the drivers from the Nvidia site if they are later than those
    furnished with the motherboard.)

    The random crashes you are experiencing that point to drivers may be caused
    by another problem, processor overheating. Using BIOS options, you can
    bring the Front side buss down to 100 Mhx instead of 200Mhz to see if
    stability improves. If it does, raise the FSB in steps (133,166) watching
    the processor temp. (I'm currently fighting this problem myself on a MSI
    K7N2 MS-6570E with an AMD 3200 (200MhzFSB) and Corsair DDR 400 memory.)

    "SpellSlinger" <t_al_mage@DELETE_THIShotmail.com> wrote in message
    > In Device Manager,under System Devices, I find 15 different entries listed
    as
    > "NO drivers installed". Under the Driver tab, on the Driver Details button
    it
    > says "No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device".
    > Each device has a driver listed along with a version number,date, and
    signed
    > by Microsoft. Resources tab lists "NO Conflicts". The 15 devices are as
    > follows:
    > (1) Direct Memory Acess Controller
    > (2) Motherboard Resources
    > (3) Motherboard Resources
    > (4) Motherboard Resources
    > (5) Numeric Data Processor
    > (6) Nvidia nForce PCI System Management
    > (7) Nvidia nForce 2 400 Memory Controller
    > (8) Nvidia nForce 2 Memory Controller
    > (9) Nvidia nForce 2 Memory Controller
    > (10) Nvidia nForce 2 Memory Controller
    > (11) Nvidia nForce 2 Memory Controller
    > (12) Programmable Interrupt Controller
    > (13) Systemboard
    > (14) System Speaker
    > (15) System Timer
    > Is anyone familiar with this situation?
    > My computer is a "home build", running Windows XP Home SP2 and seems to
    > run fine, but has been plauged with "random re-boots" with about 90% of my
    > Online Crash Analysis reports citing "device driver problems".
    > Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    > MoBo - Biostar M7NCD
    > CPU - Athlon XP3200+
    > Video - MSI NX6600GT (VTD128) AGP
    > Ram - 2 Kingston 512's
    > HDD - ATA 133 Maxtor 120 GIG
    > DVD/CD Rom combo by Iomagic
    > Floppy - Generic by Mitsumi
    > Ultra Mini Dragon ATX Case
    >
    > "The only dumb question...is the one you didn''t ask!"

    Hey Chuck,
    Thanks for the input. I'll certainly try what you suggested. I've
    wondered myself if I was having CPU overheating problems, but from what i've
    been able to gleen from the internet, my temps are well within operating
    range. (The highest temp I've had at one of these "reboots" has been around
    35 or 36 degrees centigrade.) After combing AMD's website, I finally got a
    pretty good case cooling configuration going. From what I've gathered this
    Athlon XP 3200+ is quite the little troublemaker.
    I'll let you know what happens next....
    --

    "Chuck" wrote:

    > The no drivers installed usually means that the drivers are somehow part of
    > the windows system. (Even though you likely loaded "drivers" for the Nvidia
    > Chip set) (Use the drivers from the Nvidia site if they are later than those
    > furnished with the motherboard.)
    >
    > The random crashes you are experiencing that point to drivers may be caused
    > by another problem, processor overheating. Using BIOS options, you can
    > bring the Front side buss down to 100 Mhx instead of 200Mhz to see if
    > stability improves. If it does, raise the FSB in steps (133,166) watching
    > the processor temp. (I'm currently fighting this problem myself on a MSI
    > K7N2 MS-6570E with an AMD 3200 (200MhzFSB) and Corsair DDR 400 memory.)
    >
    > "SpellSlinger" <t_al_mage@DELETE_THIShotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > In Device Manager,under System Devices, I find 15 different entries listed
    > as
    > > "NO drivers installed". Under the Driver tab, on the Driver Details button
    > it
    > > says "No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device".
    > > Each device has a driver listed along with a version number,date, and
    > signed
    > > by Microsoft. Resources tab lists "NO Conflicts". The 15 devices are as
    > > follows:
    > > (1) Direct Memory Acess Controller
    > > (2) Motherboard Resources
    > > (3) Motherboard Resources
    > > (4) Motherboard Resources
    > > (5) Numeric Data Processor
    > > (6) Nvidia nForce PCI System Management
    > > (7) Nvidia nForce 2 400 Memory Controller
    > > (8) Nvidia nForce 2 Memory Controller
    > > (9) Nvidia nForce 2 Memory Controller
    > > (10) Nvidia nForce 2 Memory Controller
    > > (11) Nvidia nForce 2 Memory Controller
    > > (12) Programmable Interrupt Controller
    > > (13) Systemboard
    > > (14) System Speaker
    > > (15) System Timer
    > > Is anyone familiar with this situation?
    > > My computer is a "home build", running Windows XP Home SP2 and seems to
    > > run fine, but has been plauged with "random re-boots" with about 90% of my
    > > Online Crash Analysis reports citing "device driver problems".
    > > Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    > > MoBo - Biostar M7NCD
    > > CPU - Athlon XP3200+
    > > Video - MSI NX6600GT (VTD128) AGP
    > > Ram - 2 Kingston 512's
    > > HDD - ATA 133 Maxtor 120 GIG
    > > DVD/CD Rom combo by Iomagic
    > > Floppy - Generic by Mitsumi
    > > Ultra Mini Dragon ATX Case
    > >
    > > "The only dumb question...is the one you didn''t ask!"

Windows XP