No drivers installed

August 31, 2005 2:59:02 AM

In Device Manager,under System Devices, I find 15 different entries listed as
"NO drivers installed". Under the Driver tab, on the Driver Details button it
says "No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device".
Each device has a driver listed along with a version number,date, and signed
by Microsoft. Resources tab lists "NO Conflicts". The 15 devices are as
follows:
(1) Direct Memory Acess Controller
(2) Motherboard Resources
(3) Motherboard Resources
(4) Motherboard Resources
(5) Numeric Data Processor
(6) Nvidia nForce PCI System Management
(7) Nvidia nForce 2 400 Memory Controller
(8) Nvidia nForce 2 Memory Controller
(9) Nvidia nForce 2 Memory Controller
(10) Nvidia nForce 2 Memory Controller
(11) Nvidia nForce 2 Memory Controller
(12) Programmable Interrupt Controller
(13) Systemboard
(14) System Speaker
(15) System Timer
Is anyone familiar with this situation?
My computer is a "home build", running Windows XP Home SP2 and seems to
run fine, but has been plauged with "random re-boots" with about 90% of my
Online Crash Analysis reports citing "device driver problems".
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
MoBo - Biostar M7NCD
CPU - Athlon XP3200+
Video - MSI NX6600GT (VTD128) AGP
Ram - 2 Kingston 512's
HDD - ATA 133 Maxtor 120 GIG
DVD/CD Rom combo by Iomagic
Floppy - Generic by Mitsumi
Ultra Mini Dragon ATX Case

"The only dumb question...is the one you didn''t ask!"

More about : drivers installed

Anonymous
August 31, 2005 3:56:02 AM

Well if you had intel components,you'd run the "chipset installation utility"
software that enables all that,but you dont.....

"SpellSlinger" wrote:

> In Device Manager,under System Devices, I find 15 different entries listed as
> "NO drivers installed". Under the Driver tab, on the Driver Details button it
> says "No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device".
> Each device has a driver listed along with a version number,date, and signed
> by Microsoft. Resources tab lists "NO Conflicts". The 15 devices are as
> follows:
> (1) Direct Memory Acess Controller
> (2) Motherboard Resources
> (3) Motherboard Resources
> (4) Motherboard Resources
> (5) Numeric Data Processor
> (6) Nvidia nForce PCI System Management
> (7) Nvidia nForce 2 400 Memory Controller
> (8) Nvidia nForce 2 Memory Controller
> (9) Nvidia nForce 2 Memory Controller
> (10) Nvidia nForce 2 Memory Controller
> (11) Nvidia nForce 2 Memory Controller
> (12) Programmable Interrupt Controller
> (13) Systemboard
> (14) System Speaker
> (15) System Timer
> Is anyone familiar with this situation?
> My computer is a "home build", running Windows XP Home SP2 and seems to
> run fine, but has been plauged with "random re-boots" with about 90% of my
> Online Crash Analysis reports citing "device driver problems".
> Any input would be greatly appreciated.
> MoBo - Biostar M7NCD
> CPU - Athlon XP3200+
> Video - MSI NX6600GT (VTD128) AGP
> Ram - 2 Kingston 512's
> HDD - ATA 133 Maxtor 120 GIG
> DVD/CD Rom combo by Iomagic
> Floppy - Generic by Mitsumi
> Ultra Mini Dragon ATX Case
>
> "The only dumb question...is the one you didn''t ask!"
August 31, 2005 6:57:57 AM

The no drivers installed usually means that the drivers are somehow part of
the windows system. (Even though you likely loaded "drivers" for the Nvidia
Chip set) (Use the drivers from the Nvidia site if they are later than those
furnished with the motherboard.)

The random crashes you are experiencing that point to drivers may be caused
by another problem, processor overheating. Using BIOS options, you can
bring the Front side buss down to 100 Mhx instead of 200Mhz to see if
stability improves. If it does, raise the FSB in steps (133,166) watching
the processor temp. (I'm currently fighting this problem myself on a MSI
K7N2 MS-6570E with an AMD 3200 (200MhzFSB) and Corsair DDR 400 memory.)

"SpellSlinger" <t_al_mage@DELETE_THIShotmail.com> wrote in message
> In Device Manager,under System Devices, I find 15 different entries listed
as
> "NO drivers installed". Under the Driver tab, on the Driver Details button
it
> says "No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device".
> Each device has a driver listed along with a version number,date, and
signed
> by Microsoft. Resources tab lists "NO Conflicts". The 15 devices are as
> follows:
> (1) Direct Memory Acess Controller
> (2) Motherboard Resources
> (3) Motherboard Resources
> (4) Motherboard Resources
> (5) Numeric Data Processor
> (6) Nvidia nForce PCI System Management
> (7) Nvidia nForce 2 400 Memory Controller
> (8) Nvidia nForce 2 Memory Controller
> (9) Nvidia nForce 2 Memory Controller
> (10) Nvidia nForce 2 Memory Controller
> (11) Nvidia nForce 2 Memory Controller
> (12) Programmable Interrupt Controller
> (13) Systemboard
> (14) System Speaker
> (15) System Timer
> Is anyone familiar with this situation?
> My computer is a "home build", running Windows XP Home SP2 and seems to
> run fine, but has been plauged with "random re-boots" with about 90% of my
> Online Crash Analysis reports citing "device driver problems".
> Any input would be greatly appreciated.
> MoBo - Biostar M7NCD
> CPU - Athlon XP3200+
> Video - MSI NX6600GT (VTD128) AGP
> Ram - 2 Kingston 512's
> HDD - ATA 133 Maxtor 120 GIG
> DVD/CD Rom combo by Iomagic
> Floppy - Generic by Mitsumi
> Ultra Mini Dragon ATX Case
>
> "The only dumb question...is the one you didn''t ask!"
Anonymous
August 31, 2005 5:37:07 PM

Hey Chuck,
Thanks for the input. I'll certainly try what you suggested. I've
wondered myself if I was having CPU overheating problems, but from what i've
been able to gleen from the internet, my temps are well within operating
range. (The highest temp I've had at one of these "reboots" has been around
35 or 36 degrees centigrade.) After combing AMD's website, I finally got a
pretty good case cooling configuration going. From what I've gathered this
Athlon XP 3200+ is quite the little troublemaker.
I'll let you know what happens next....
--

!