In my laptop when i hibernate the PC it takes about 30 secs to compeletely
switch off.
Also it takes almost equal amount of time to come out of hibernation .In one
of the new PC i had seen this time to be just 10 secs.
How can be fine tune this time so as to get faster operation .

First, update your system to make sure that you've got the latest updates on
it. Of particular interest are Windows Update and your video drivers.

Next, stop as many processes/programs from running as you can. This will
decrease the size of stuff in memory - which Hibernation has to copy to your
hard drive before it shuts down.

Finally, I use the power state S3 that's built into my motherboard to
"hibernate". It's much quicker to use. All I do is push the power button
and it shuts down within a couple of seconds. Another push and it's back up
just as quickly. I think that this state - S3 - does consume a trickle of
power when utilized, and that's why it's faster.