how to reduce the running processes

on my PC cidamon.exe is running twice & many other programs which i am not
aware are also running as shown in task manger.The count is 40 at the moment
when the PC is just booted.

Ideally speaking we do not need to plug & play all the time with device
similary we are not doing many things for which windows is ready in default
mode .

Can we not reduce this payload on windows ?

thanks for your time
jagjeet

In my opinion, the best resource (outside of Microsoft) for services is Black
Viper. Go to his site: http://www.blackviper.com and surf around there.

The site is back up after a long period of not being available.

"Jagjeet" wrote:

> on my PC cidamon.exe is running twice & many other programs which i am not
> aware are also running as shown in task manger.The count is 40 at the moment
> when the PC is just booted.
>
> Ideally speaking we do not need to plug & play all the time with device
> similary we are not doing many things for which windows is ready in default
> mode .
>
> Can we not reduce this payload on windows ?
>
> thanks for your time
> jagjeet

Jag

You will see that many of the processes are not putting any strain on the
system at all, but they are ready for action if called upon.. unless you
have a problem with one of them, it is probably best to leave well alone..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Jagjeet" <Jagjeet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> on my PC cidamon.exe is running twice & many other programs which i am not
> aware are also running as shown in task manger.The count is 40 at the
> moment
> when the PC is just booted.
>
> Ideally speaking we do not need to plug & play all the time with device
> similary we are not doing many things for which windows is ready in
> default
> mode .
>
> Can we not reduce this payload on windows ?
>
> thanks for your time
> jagjeet

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/indexsrv/html/ixarch_3z04.asp
& http://www.answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pages/tasklist_c.htm - CiDaemon.exe

If you want to learn about other processes that are running, this may assist.
http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_content.php
All about disabling programs at startup

I currently have 46 processes running.