single player nettrek clone for pcs?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

there used to be this really fun game called nettrek (netrek?) on the
mac. you could have a terran, klingon, or romulan ship and you could do
fun stuff like drop starbases, or warp to a new galaxy using a
jumpgate.

it had a fun damage system where your thrusters could get out of whack
and you'd go in circles and aim only with difficulty, your
short/medium/long range sensors would go 90% fuzzy and you could only
sorta see through the static, and your impulse engines could die and
you'd drift at whatever speed/velocity you had when they died.

is there anything similar for pc? or a free version that works on an
emulator?
5 answers Last reply
More about single player nettrek clone
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    that's another star trek game. not like the original mac game.

    from their site:
    http://www.netrek.org/about/history_overall.php
    "It has no relation to Nettrek, a game for the Macintosh."
    thanks anyway.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    russellmz@hotmail.com wrote in

    > there used to be this really fun game called nettrek (netrek?) on the
    > mac.

    Is this it?
    <http://www.netrek.org/>

    --
    dee
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    > that's another star trek game. not like the original mac game.
    >
    > from their site:
    > http://www.netrek.org/about/history_overall.php
    > "It has no relation to Nettrek, a game for the Macintosh."
    > thanks anyway.

    I think that I've located the original Mac Net Trek:
    <http://mac.the-underdogs.org/index.php?show=alpha&alpha=78>

    Perhaps will play on an emulator such as Basilisk II.

    The site's DL area seems to be down :(
    But it may be temporary, I've DL'd from there before without probs.

    Good luck

    --
    dee
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    Heya.

    russellmz@hotmail.com wrote in message
    <1104863175.639683.119900@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>...
    >there used to be this really fun game called nettrek (netrek?) on the
    >mac. you could have a terran, klingon, or romulan ship and you could do
    >fun stuff like drop starbases, or warp to a new galaxy using a
    >jumpgate.

    Found this one:
    http://www.stcd.sgnonline.com/nettrek.htm

    >is there anything similar for pc? or a free version that works on an
    >emulator?

    Maybe you can ask in the forum.

    Greetz, Katzy.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    On 4 Jan 2005 10:26:15 -0800, russellmz@hotmail.com wrote:

    http://shankel.best.vwh.net/opentrek.html

    >there used to be this really fun game called nettrek (netrek?) on the
    >mac. you could have a terran, klingon, or romulan ship and you could do
    >fun stuff like drop starbases, or warp to a new galaxy using a
    >jumpgate.

    >it had a fun damage system where your thrusters could get out of whack
    >and you'd go in circles and aim only with difficulty, your
    >short/medium/long range sensors would go 90% fuzzy and you could only
    >sorta see through the static, and your impulse engines could die and
    >you'd drift at whatever speed/velocity you had when they died.

    >is there anything similar for pc? or a free version that works on an
    >emulator?

    Sig:
    Work saves us from three great evils: boredom, vice and need. -Voltaire,
    philosopher (1694-1778)

PCS Games Video Games