Help!! i hve forgot my password to get into my laptop,

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhiannon1994

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2010
i need some help without buying a recovery disc as i dont hae alot of money at this moment in time, i am using a friends laptop in the meantime but will hae to give her it back someone please help me do you think i should take it into a shop to be fixed and reset, what should i do please someone helpp !!!!
:( :(
rhiannon

cassandraf_winteam

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
Hi rhiannon1994,

Does anyone else have a log-in on your computer? If there is a second administrator account you will be able to reset your password through that account. If there are no other accounts on your computer and you have tried every password you can think of, you will need to reinstall windows in order to use your laptop again.

Cheers,
Cassandra
Microsoft Windows Outreach

vvhocare5

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
You would insert the CD that CAME with the laptop to reinstall windows - if you are the original buyer of the laptop.

99% of the time people who forgot their password seem to have found the laptop or their sick dying grandmother left it to them. Ummm ok.....

All I know is whomever has the laptops missing from our offices is asking their friends how to pass the passwords we have set ;)

cassandraf_winteam

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
As vvhocare5 said, in order to reinstall windows you will need to pop in the installation disk and follow the on-screen directions. Be forewarned that reinstalling will wipe your computer clean, but if you do not know the password, reinstalling is the only way to be able to use Windows 7 again.

For additional information on reinstalling, visit http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Installing-and-reinstalling-Windows-7

Cassandra
Microsoft Windows Outreach

Status
Not open for further replies.