offer remote help connection problem - propably wrong SID

August 31, 2005 4:51:09 PM

Hi,

I am stuck with about 150 PC unable to accept remote
help connections.
As far as I could diagnose it, it is a sideeffect of using
a SID generator called NewSID.exe instead of Sysprep.
As the desktop rollout went, the SIDs were generated
and propably the old one remained somewhere in HelpCenter
configuration.
There is a solution - to reinstall all the desktops, using new
images with Sysprep but it will take mass of time.
What I would like to do is to "refresh" HelpCenter configuration
after new SID have been generated.
I have not found SID in XML config files and my guess is -
it lies in the pchealth\helpctr\Database\HCdata.edb database.

How to make HelpCenter reset the computer's SID?
Any ideas?

--
Saah
Anonymous

HOW TO Reset Security Settings Back to the Defaults:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313222

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"Saah" <saah@interiaDOTpl> wrote in message news:%23JXUnnhrFHA.1028@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> I am stuck with about 150 PC unable to accept remote
> help connections.
> As far as I could diagnose it, it is a sideeffect of using
> a SID generator called NewSID.exe instead of Sysprep.
> As the desktop rollout went, the SIDs were generated
> and propably the old one remained somewhere in HelpCenter
> configuration.
> There is a solution - to reinstall all the desktops, using new
> images with Sysprep but it will take mass of time.
> What I would like to do is to "refresh" HelpCenter configuration
> after new SID have been generated.
> I have not found SID in XML config files and my guess is -
> it lies in the pchealth\helpctr\Database\HCdata.edb database.
>
> How to make HelpCenter reset the computer's SID?
> Any ideas?
>
> --
> Saah

Anonymous