offer remote help connection problem - propably wrong SID

Hi,

I am stuck with about 150 PC unable to accept remote
help connections.
As far as I could diagnose it, it is a sideeffect of using
a SID generator called NewSID.exe instead of Sysprep.
As the desktop rollout went, the SIDs were generated
and propably the old one remained somewhere in HelpCenter
configuration.
There is a solution - to reinstall all the desktops, using new
images with Sysprep but it will take mass of time.
What I would like to do is to "refresh" HelpCenter configuration
after new SID have been generated.
I have not found SID in XML config files and my guess is -
it lies in the pchealth\helpctr\Database\HCdata.edb database.

How to make HelpCenter reset the computer's SID?
Any ideas?

--
Saah
2 answers Last reply

    HOW TO Reset Security Settings Back to the Defaults:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313222

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson
    "Saah" <saah@interiaDOTpl> wrote in message news:%23JXUnnhrFHA.1028@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am stuck with about 150 PC unable to accept remote
    > help connections.
    > As far as I could diagnose it, it is a sideeffect of using
    > a SID generator called NewSID.exe instead of Sysprep.
    > As the desktop rollout went, the SIDs were generated
    > and propably the old one remained somewhere in HelpCenter
    > configuration.
    > There is a solution - to reinstall all the desktops, using new
    > images with Sysprep but it will take mass of time.
    > What I would like to do is to "refresh" HelpCenter configuration
    > after new SID have been generated.
    > I have not found SID in XML config files and my guess is -
    > it lies in the pchealth\helpctr\Database\HCdata.edb database.
    >
    > How to make HelpCenter reset the computer's SID?
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > --
    > Saah

    No. It seemed to be a good trace but
    it did not resolve the problem.
    Thank you for your help.

    --
    Saah

    User "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
    > HOW TO Reset Security Settings Back to the Defaults:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313222
    > --
    > Mark L. Ferguson

Connection Windows XP