Unreal II on Anandtech

Smilin

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001
Did anyone read that Unreal II GPU benchmarking article on Anandtech? I think tom put that cheesy Aquanox article up on the main site as a response. Tom's articles always seem really good until you read the Stuff on Anandtech.

Both articles gripe about ATI's drivers as usual. When is ATI going to learn? There current stuff would really have nVidia for lunch if they could get it working as advertised.

FatBurger

Illustrious
Notice how Tom's article was up first?

BTW, it takes more than a few minutes to write up an article like the Auquanox one.

EDIT:
Better? I just changed it because I was reading through a ton of newbie posts on two forums right away, and realized I was being too sarcastic. And I didn't want everyone to be thinking "What'd he change?" when I didn't really change much.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by FatBurger on 01/24/02 12:08 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Smilin

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001
If you edit your post, at least say so.

In response to:
"Notice how Tom's article was up first? No, I guess you didn't. Oh well."

Yes I did. Actually tom's article was done for the newsletter previously. It doesn't take more than a few minutes to move an article like the Aquanox one from one place to the other.

Edit: Yeah that's better...you were being a smartass but I still love you.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Smilin on 01/24/02 04:55 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

FatBurger

Illustrious
All articles appear in the newsletter, not just on the website. At least that's what I've noticed.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Where were the screen shots?? That game will be sexxy I'm sure. 1280x1024 is gonna be murderous, but nothing a little major overclockin' w/ a peltier won't fix;)

Only if you let me see the Umpa Lumpa- Homer Simpson.

FatBurger

Illustrious
I know, no screenshots :frown:
Yeah, 1280x1024 choked all the cards, and 1600x1200 was just murder.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

FatBurger

Illustrious
And probably the R300 too, but the GF4 will be out first. My 8500 didn't do too bad, but not quite as good as I expected.

FatBurger

Illustrious
Seen those, I'm getting sick of that site never being updated :frown:

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
I'm just happy to know that my Radeon 8500 will be able to handle next-generation games at reasonable performance at 1024*768.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Ohh, I'd hate to "upgrade" that Quadro to a GeForce4. That would hurt.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Lol. If I could find a damn email address for epic I'd ask em to send me a beta copy of Unreal2 to see how it runs on my card, but can't find email!

Only if you let me see the Umpa Lumpa- Homer Simpson.

FatBurger

Illustrious
I'm sure they'd send it right over.

BTW, that was a really funny episode of Simpsons.