ATI 8500DV all-in-wonder

G

Can some tell me the tv image size and quality of the ATI 8500dv and the 7500AIW? If someone knows the location of some screen shots that would be helpful too. I've read several reviews, but nobody seems to concerned with the tv image quality. I am moving and building a new computer and I want to know if the image quality will be good enough for my primary tv viewing with a 21" monitor. I plan on building a all in one multimedia computer with the 8500dv or 7500AIW, a home projector for tv-movie-gaming, and logitec's new top of the line 4.1 speakers that are supposed to be as good as or better than Klipsh's. Please send url's of screenshots of the quality of the AIW's tv image if you can.

knowan

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2001
Capturing TV at a screen size of over 800x600 is a waste of time. The incomming TV signal is ment to be displayed on a TV, which has a much worse resolution than a computer monitor. If you use anything greater than 800x600 you will really notice the bad quality of the brodcast signal.

That being said, the ATI supports up to 1024 x 768. I would not recommend going that high unless you are using a HDTV signal (which that ATI card also supports).

As for screenshots, there are a plethora of them on the web. Most show off the transparency feature of the AT card. I haven't seen any that use a HDTV signal though.

--------------
Knowan likes you. Knowan is your friend. Knowan thinks you're great.

TRENDING THREADS