When trying to install SP2, I get the following message:
Not enough dik space on C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$ to install
Service Pack2. Setup requires a minimum of 1 additional MB of free space or
if you also want to archive the fales for uninstallation, Setup requires 1
additional MB of free space. Free additional space on your hard disk and try
again.

I have 8GB of free space on my hard drive. Is this not enough? I've
installed it on a computer that had much less.
Can anyone tell me how to get around this?
Thanks

Sometimes this message is misleading! Try cleaning out your temporary files
in Disk Celan under Drive C: Properties.

"cj_1013" <cj_1013@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When trying to install SP2, I get the following message:
> Not enough dik space on C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$ to install
> Service Pack2. Setup requires a minimum of 1 additional MB of free space
> or
> if you also want to archive the fales for uninstallation, Setup requires 1
> additional MB of free space. Free additional space on your hard disk and
> try
> again.
>
> I have 8GB of free space on my hard drive. Is this not enough? I've
> installed it on a computer that had much less.
> Can anyone tell me how to get around this?
> Thanks

I've cleaned up and deleted all files that I possibly can and still get the
message. I'm sure that I actually do have enough disk space, just don't know
how to convince it of that.

"Yves Leclerc" wrote:

> Sometimes this message is misleading! Try cleaning out your temporary files
> in Disk Celan under Drive C: Properties.
>

> "cj_1013" <cj_1013@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When trying to install SP2, I get the following message:
> > Not enough dik space on C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$ to install
> > Service Pack2. Setup requires a minimum of 1 additional MB of free space
> > or
> > if you also want to archive the fales for uninstallation, Setup requires 1
> > additional MB of free space. Free additional space on your hard disk and
> > try
> > again.
> >
> > I have 8GB of free space on my hard drive. Is this not enough? I've
> > installed it on a computer that had much less.
> > Can anyone tell me how to get around this?
> > Thanks

try defraging your drive.

"cj_1013" wrote:

> I've cleaned up and deleted all files that I possibly can and still get the
> message. I'm sure that I actually do have enough disk space, just don't know
> how to convince it of that.
>
> "Yves Leclerc" wrote:
>
> > Sometimes this message is misleading! Try cleaning out your temporary files
> > in Disk Celan under Drive C: Properties.
> >

> > "cj_1013" <cj_1013@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > When trying to install SP2, I get the following message:
> > > Not enough dik space on C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$ to install
> > > Service Pack2. Setup requires a minimum of 1 additional MB of free space
> > > or
> > > if you also want to archive the fales for uninstallation, Setup requires 1
> > > additional MB of free space. Free additional space on your hard disk and
> > > try
> > > again.
> > >
> > > I have 8GB of free space on my hard drive. Is this not enough? I've
> > > installed it on a computer that had much less.
> > > Can anyone tell me how to get around this?
> > > Thanks

Last possible thing to try is to try to install SP2 while in Safe Mode. I
am not sure if you can do this since I was always able to insta;; SP2 in
standard mode.