lost user data after deleting user account

Hi there, I hope someone can help. Does anyone know the extension that
windows uses when it saves a backup of user data when a user account is
deleted in XP?
I have lost this file somewhere and need to locate it urgently.

If it saved it, it saved it to a folder with the name of the user account on
the desktop of the account that was used to delete it. It only saves the My
Documents folder - not email, favorites, etc.

Undelete utilities are common on the web. I'd suggest searching for free
undelete utilities and then searching for undelete utilities (without the
free part). There'll be a lot to choose from, so shop carefully.

Good Luck!

- John
(aka usasma)

"Russ1669" wrote:

> Hi there, I hope someone can help. Does anyone know the extension that
> windows uses when it saves a backup of user data when a user account is
> deleted in XP?
> I have lost this file somewhere and need to locate it urgently.

Andrew

"Russ1669" <Russ1669@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi there, I hope someone can help. Does anyone know the extension that
> windows uses when it saves a backup of user data when a user account is
> deleted in XP?
> I have lost this file somewhere and need to locate it urgently.

As far as I am aware XP does not make a backup of user data when an account
is deleted.

Andy