Wireless connection problem

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Hope someone can help here.
Problem is this, we are a small charity that have a small number of laptops
that each have a D-Link 650+ pcmcia card. We hope to have them all able to
share a broadband connection, via a server is this config:

Server - Cissco Firewall - D-Link DL614+ Router --6 Laptops -------30
Mts---------- D-Link 900AP+ Access Point - 2 Laptops

The 6 laptops are able to connect to the internet & share files, but the two
laptops that are approx 30Mts away in another room cannot.

The Router assign's IP addresses by DHCP and the AP is set as a repeater.
When looking at the two laptops, they seem to be getting a fairly good
signal, but we can't see any other laptop, or connect to the internet. They
can all see one another when placed in the same room, so network setting on
each laptop seem to be correct.

Can anyone see if there is something we aren't doing correctly?

Steve

Does the 900AP have DHCP disabled? You only want one DHCP server on the
network.
Does it show the 614's IP as the gateway?

"<<Shiraz>>" <srf@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hope someone can help here.
> Problem is this, we are a small charity that have a small number of
laptops
> that each have a D-Link 650+ pcmcia card. We hope to have them all able
> share a broadband connection, via a server is this config:
>
> Server - Cissco Firewall - D-Link DL614+ Router --6 Laptops -------30
> Mts---------- D-Link 900AP+ Access Point - 2 Laptops
>
> The 6 laptops are able to connect to the internet & share files, but the
two
> laptops that are approx 30Mts away in another room cannot.
>
> The Router assign's IP addresses by DHCP and the AP is set as a repeater.
> When looking at the two laptops, they seem to be getting a fairly good
> signal, but we can't see any other laptop, or connect to the internet.
They
> can all see one another when placed in the same room, so network setting
on
> each laptop seem to be correct.
>
> Can anyone see if there is something we aren't doing correctly?
>
> Steve

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

DHCP is disabled on the 900AP
Not too sure as to whether the 900AP is showing the 614's IP as the gateway.
Will check that out. Thanks.

<<S>>