Networking problems after XP Pro re-installation

I have one Win XP Pro system which connects directly to the internet via
a USB ADSL modem. In another room I have a Win ME system that I need to
give internet access to, and I also need to share folders between each
system. They are both connected to a Netgear DS106 hub. Since
upgrading and re-installing XP Pro I can not seem to get these two
systems to even see each other.

The Netgear DS106 has both connections lit up as *connected at 100Mbps*.
I completed the networking wizard on the XP Pro system and ran the
disk on the ME system. I've been told to *enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP*
on the XP Pro system, which I've done. The same seems to be enabled on
the Win ME system, as the relevant box is ticked and greyed-out.

Both systems are on *MSHOME*, but they both only list themselves in the
workgroup.

When I start the ME system up, I can see connection attempts on my XP
Pro system in the new Nvidia Network Access Manager log, but adding the
stated IP address to the *allowed* list does nothing, and it is still
logging blocked connection attempts from said IP address.

I can see nothing in the Windows Firewall settings that I am supposed to
change.

Can anyone advise on where I'm going wrong?
2 answers Last reply
More about networking problems installation

    Dial-Up Networking Connections Do Not Work After Upgrade to Windows XP:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;303488&Product=winxp

    Q320558 - Dial-up Modem or PPPoE Option in New Connection Wizard Is Unavailable:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q320558

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson

    Mark L. Ferguson wrote:

    " Dial-Up Networking Connections Do Not Work After Upgrade to Windows XP:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;303488&Product=winxp

    Q320558 - Dial-up Modem or PPPoE Option in New Connection Wizard Is
    Unavailable:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q320558 "

    I appreciate your time, butthese fixes have nothing to do with my
    problem. I have neither upgraded a Win ME system to XP, nor do I have
    problems connecting the XP system to the internet.

Networking Windows XP