Address Bar not responding

Not sure how this has happened, but I type an address into the Address Bar on
Explore, hit the GO button or ENTER and nothing--it comes up highlighted in
blue but that's it.
Google button is working fine so I can get to an address using that. Also
when I pull an address from Favorites, that works as well.
Any suggestions on how to get the address button back working?
Thanks for any suggestions.

What happens if you hit your Enter key instead of the Go button?

Does that work?

I have no idea if this will do anything, but it's worth a shot.

Open IE | Tools | Internet Options | Advanced tab | Scroll down to and
UNCheck: Show the Go button in Address bar | Click Apply |
Click OK | Close IE

Open IE | Tools | Internet Options | Advanced tab | Scroll down to and
Check: Show the Go button in Address bar | Click Apply |
Click OK |

Now open IE and see if the Go button works.

You can also right-click the Address bar and then click Go Button.

Show the Go button in Address bar
[[Specifies whether to show the Go button next to the Address bar. With the
Go button displayed, you can type an address in the Address bar, and then
click Go to go to that Web page. Whether or not the Go button is displayed,
you can always press ENTER after typing the address to go to that Web
page.]]

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:DAF4B7CD-ABD9-4E7B-97DF-460F500297AC@microsoft.com,
atlcollie <atlcollie@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Not sure how this has happened, but I type an address into the Address
> Bar on Explore, hit the GO button or ENTER and nothing--it comes up
> highlighted in blue but that's it.
> Google button is working fine so I can get to an address using that. Also
> when I pull an address from Favorites, that works as well.
> Any suggestions on how to get the address button back working?
> Thanks for any suggestions.

Same thing happened when I hit the Enter key. I called a friend at work and
they suggested re-booting the computer (don't know why I didn't think of
that!) which I did and now it all seems to be working. It was just such an
odd thing to happen and I still don't understand how or why but it all seems
to be in order now.
Thank you for responding.