Help!!! HTTP 500 - Internal server error

Hi,

Whilst trying to access a university website, that i have been able to
access in the past, this message came up. I am able to log in, but when it
tries to load the page it comes up with this. Can anyone help me sort it, or
tell me who to ask to sort it.

Thanks very much!

Liz

This is normally a problem on the server, over which you have no control.
The web server is having a problem processing the ASP page. The problem
could either be with the ASP code itself, the database connection or the SQL
code.

Tom

lizhargrave wrote:
> Whilst trying to access a university website, that i have been able to
> access in the past, this message came up. I am able to log in, but
> when it tries to load the page it comes up with this. Can anyone help
> me sort it, or tell me who to ask to sort it.

Try one thing first:
If you have access to another computer (Friend, Neighbor, school, etc) - try
to access the web page there. If it works and when you get back to your
computer it does not, it may be trouble on your computer and not their
server (although that error normally points to the server having an issue
they need to look into.)

If it works on the "other" computer - try emptying your temporary internet
files and cookies as well as making your temporary internet files size
"smaller" - no larger than 512MB I recommend. Then try again. If it still
does not work - you may need to scan for spyware/adware/malware.

Let us know..

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP