one CPU system shows 2 CPUs under task manager

Greetings gurus,

Funny, I have many computers around with only ONE cpu but XP task manager
shows 2 CPUs and 2 graphical CPU usage. I've seen this bug on so many
systems running WinXP SP2 since I've noticed.

Any fix around ?

TIA

Gillies
1 answer Last reply
More about system shows cpus task manager

    Gillies wrote:
    > Greetings gurus,
    >
    > Funny, I have many computers around with only ONE cpu but XP
    > task manager shows 2 CPUs and 2 graphical CPU usage. I've
    > seen this bug on so many systems running WinXP SP2 since
    > I've noticed.
    > Any fix around ?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Gillies

    It's not a bug. Those computers have an Intel Pentium 4
    processor that incorporates hyperthreading. Take a look here
    for more info:

    Verifying Hyper-Threading Technology in Windows XP
    http://www.intel.com/support/processors/pentium4/sb/CS-017371.htm#3

    Nepatsfan

CPUs Task Manager Windows XP