one CPU system shows 2 CPUs under task manager

a b à CPUs
August 31, 2005 7:02:57 PM

Greetings gurus,

Funny, I have many computers around with only ONE cpu but XP task manager
shows 2 CPUs and 2 graphical CPU usage. I've seen this bug on so many
systems running WinXP SP2 since I've noticed.

Any fix around ?

TIA

Gillies
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
August 31, 2005 7:46:50 PM

Gillies wrote:
> Greetings gurus,
>
> Funny, I have many computers around with only ONE cpu but XP
> task manager shows 2 CPUs and 2 graphical CPU usage. I've
> seen this bug on so many systems running WinXP SP2 since
> I've noticed.
> Any fix around ?
>
> TIA
>
> Gillies

It's not a bug. Those computers have an Intel Pentium 4
processor that incorporates hyperthreading. Take a look here
for more info:

Verifying Hyper-Threading Technology in Windows XP
http://www.intel.com/support/processors/pentium4/sb/CS-...

Nepatsfan
!