Finding out what motherboard is in my desktop PC

I run windows XP & SP2 AMD 1700 +. I would like to know what brand
motherboard is in my machine. I don't know where to look for it. I am a newbe
PC user and do not want to mess anything up.I really thank anyone that helps
steer me in the right direction, without laughing too hard. JJ
4 answers Last reply
More about finding motherboard desktop

    EVEREST Home Edition is a freeware hardware diagnostics and memory
    benchmarking solution for home PC users, based on the award-winning
    EVEREST Technology. It offers the world's most accurate hardware information
    and diagnostics capabilities, including online features, memory benchmarks,
    hardware monitoring, and low-level hardware information.
    http://www.lavalys.com/products/overview.php?pid=1&lang=en

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    JJ wrote:
    > I run windows XP & SP2 AMD 1700 +. I would like to know what brand
    > motherboard is in my machine. I don't know where to look for it. I am a newbe
    > PC user and do not want to mess anything up.I really thank anyone that helps
    > steer me in the right direction, without laughing too hard. JJ

    The most obvious places to look would be in the computer's manual
    or on the computer manufacturer's web site. Failing that:

    1) Start > Run > MSinfo32.exe.

    2) Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Information

    3) Start > Run > DXDiag.exe.

    4) Right-click My Computer > Manage > Device Manager.

    5) If none of the built-in tools provide the information you want, you
    can use these utilities to help determine the answer to your question:

    SiSoft's Sandra
    http://www.sisoftware.co.uk/index.php?dir=&location=sware_dl&lang=en

    Belarc Advisor

    Unlimited Possibilities' AIDA32
    http://forum.aumha.org/overflow/aida32.zip

    Lavalys' Everest Home
    http://www.lavalys.com/products/overview.php?pid=1&lang=en

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    "JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I run windows XP & SP2 AMD 1700 +. I would like to know what brand
    > motherboard is in my machine. I don't know where to look for it. I am a
    > newbe
    > PC user and do not want to mess anything up.I really thank anyone that
    > helps
    > steer me in the right direction, without laughing too hard. JJ
    You could open the case and see what it has. Perhaps, as a beginner you
    might not be comfortable doing that.
    You could download Belarc and get a report. (www.Belarc.com).
    Jim

    JJ Wrote:
    > I run windows XP & SP2 AMD 1700 +. I would like to know what brand
    > motherboard is in my machine. I don't know where to look for it. I am a
    > newbe
    > PC user and do not want to mess anything up.I really thank anyone that
    > helps
    > steer me in the right direction, without laughing too hard. JJ

    Here is another one:
    http://www.cpuid.org/pcwizard.php

    --
    Evolution54