TMP files

5:45 PM 8/31/2005

I have hundreds of TMP files and I want to delete

them. I can delete one or two just fine, but when I go to

delete more I get this message: "Cannot delete file.

Cannot read from the source file or disk"

The TMP files are listed under the Search Results

program in WinXP Pro.

How can I delete most of them?

Thank you.

Barry Karas
2 answers Last reply
More about files

    Where are these tmp files stored? to me that message seems as if that mean
    you just have spyware, and it is running (which is a reason why you got that
    error)......Try running an anti-spyware program like ad-aware and see if the
    program can safely delete them. Usually programs like that can get rid of a
    lot of them.

    "Barry Karas" wrote:

    > 5:45 PM 8/31/2005
    >

    > I have hundreds of TMP files and I want to delete
    >
    > them. I can delete one or two just fine, but when I go to
    >
    > delete more I get this message: "Cannot delete file.
    >
    > Cannot read from the source file or disk"
    >

    > The TMP files are listed under the Search Results
    >
    > program in WinXP Pro.
    >

    > How can I delete most of them?
    >

    > Thank you.
    >
    > Barry Karas

    I run Ad-Aware once per week...but I'll run it now.

    Barry

    P.S. If A-A doesn't work, I'll try Spybot S&D.

    On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 19:18:04 -0700, Shawnm
    <Shawnm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Where are these tmp files stored? to me that message seems as if that mean
    >you just have spyware, and it is running (which is a reason why you got that
    >error)......Try running an anti-spyware program like ad-aware and see if the
    >program can safely delete them. Usually programs like that can get rid of a
    >lot of them.
    >
    >"Barry Karas" wrote:
    >
    >> 5:45 PM 8/31/2005
    >>

    >> I have hundreds of TMP files and I want to delete
    >>
    >> them. I can delete one or two just fine, but when I go to
    >>
    >> delete more I get this message: "Cannot delete file.
    >>
    >> Cannot read from the source file or disk"
    >>

    >> The TMP files are listed under the Search Results
    >>
    >> program in WinXP Pro.
    >>

    >> How can I delete most of them?
    >>

    >> Thank you.
    >>
    >> Barry Karas