I have a Dell Inspiron 4150 in which I have Windows XP Home Edition. I've
been wanting to reinstall it by clean install using the Windows XP cd, now,
the problem is that my cd driver is not working at all, so, is there any
other way through which I can install it without having to use my cd
driver??? some network instalation?? any floppy instalation?? ANYTHING
PLEASE!!

PS: I was wondering if by any chance any of you would know what could've
happened to my cd driver it just stop reading/burning cd AT ALL, although it
is detected by the system. I can even eject the tray but it's not reading!!
(that's why I need another way to install Win XP again without using my cd
driver).

Yvan Luan wrote:
> I have a Dell Inspiron 4150 in which I have Windows XP Home Edition.
> I've been wanting to reinstall it by clean install using the Windows
> XP cd, now, the problem is that my cd driver is not working at all,
> so, is there any other way through which I can install it without
> having to use my cd driver??? some network instalation?? any floppy
> instalation?? ANYTHING PLEASE!!
>
> PS: I was wondering if by any chance any of you would know what
> could've happened to my cd driver it just stop reading/burning cd AT
> ALL, although it is detected by the system. I can even eject the tray
> but it's not reading!! (that's why I need another way to install Win
> XP again without using my cd driver).

Please CROSSPOST instead of MULTIPOSTING in the future..

As I told you elsewhere - the DRIVER working in Windows is worthless. If
you can see the Windows XP CD at startup (before any OS is loaded and where
you have your laptop set to boot from the CD first) - then you are done.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP