I bourght a nokia 6230 which to use as a modem to connect my laptop to the
internet.
My question is --can I use my current TPG dial up account or do I need
another providor.

mystified wrote:
> I bourght a nokia 6230 which to use as a modem to connect my laptop
> to the internet.
> My question is --can I use my current TPG dial up account or do I
> need another providor.

If you have enough money to use minutes on a cell phone as your modem - my
suggestion to you is to get a true modem or a PCMCIA wireless modem card -
where you actually have a PCMCIA card that is a wireless modem and uses your
minutes like that and in the right areas gives you phenominal speed.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> mystified wrote:
> > I bourght a nokia 6230 which to use as a modem to connect my laptop
> > to the internet.
> > My question is --can I use my current TPG dial up account or do I
> > need another providor.
>
> If you have enough money to use minutes on a cell phone as your modem - my
> suggestion to you is to get a true modem or a PCMCIA wireless modem card -
> where you actually have a PCMCIA card that is a wireless modem and uses your
> minutes like that and in the right areas gives you phenominal speed.
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
>

> Thanks Shenan for your advice. In this instance I am taking laptop overseas for a few weeks and local advice was --connect with a mobile. I want to set it up here before I go.
in Philippines

Latest posts