mobile as modem

I bourght a nokia 6230 which to use as a modem to connect my laptop to the
internet.
My question is --can I use my current TPG dial up account or do I need
another providor.
2 answers Last reply
More about mobile modem

    mystified wrote:
    > I bourght a nokia 6230 which to use as a modem to connect my laptop
    > to the internet.
    > My question is --can I use my current TPG dial up account or do I
    > need another providor.

    If you have enough money to use minutes on a cell phone as your modem - my
    suggestion to you is to get a true modem or a PCMCIA wireless modem card -
    where you actually have a PCMCIA card that is a wireless modem and uses your
    minutes like that and in the right areas gives you phenominal speed.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    "Shenan Stanley" wrote:

    > mystified wrote:
    > > I bourght a nokia 6230 which to use as a modem to connect my laptop
    > > to the internet.
    > > My question is --can I use my current TPG dial up account or do I
    > > need another providor.
    >
    > If you have enough money to use minutes on a cell phone as your modem - my
    > suggestion to you is to get a true modem or a PCMCIA wireless modem card -
    > where you actually have a PCMCIA card that is a wireless modem and uses your
    > minutes like that and in the right areas gives you phenominal speed.
    >
    > --
    > Shenan Stanley
    > MS-MVP
    > --
    > How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
    >

    > Thanks Shenan for your advice. In this instance I am taking laptop overseas for a few weeks and local advice was --connect with a mobile. I want to set it up here before I go.
    in Philippines

Modem Windows XP