ICS o home network

September 1, 2005 1:39:02 AM

I was enabling ICS on my computer and I got the following error message " the
depency service or group failed to start"
I checked in the services and I could see that the ICS/ICF service is
started thesame goes for other related services.
Can anyone give me what could be the cause of this problem?

More about : ics home network

Anonymous
September 1, 2005 1:55:45 PM

"Taye Olaniyi" <TayeOlaniyi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was enabling ICS on my computer and I got the following error message "
>the
> depency service or group failed to start"
> I checked in the services and I could see that the ICS/ICF service is
> started thesame goes for other related services.
> Can anyone give me what could be the cause of this problem?

Its worth having a look in the event log (I forget whether its the
Application or System event log), because Windows may record there which
service (if it is a service) has failed to start.

Hope this helps,

Brian.

--
www.cryer.co.uk/brian
Anonymous

Thanks a lot. I was able to find the service that was disabled in the event
viewer. after enabling it and starting it the problem was solved.

!