ICS o home network

I was enabling ICS on my computer and I got the following error message " the
depency service or group failed to start"
I checked in the services and I could see that the ICS/ICF service is
started thesame goes for other related services.
Can anyone give me what could be the cause of this problem?
2 answers Last reply
More about home network

    "Taye Olaniyi" <TayeOlaniyi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I was enabling ICS on my computer and I got the following error message "
    >the
    > depency service or group failed to start"
    > I checked in the services and I could see that the ICS/ICF service is
    > started thesame goes for other related services.
    > Can anyone give me what could be the cause of this problem?

    Its worth having a look in the event log (I forget whether its the
    Application or System event log), because Windows may record there which
    service (if it is a service) has failed to start.

    Hope this helps,

    Brian.

    --
    www.cryer.co.uk/brian

    Thanks a lot. I was able to find the service that was disabled in the event
    viewer. after enabling it and starting it the problem was solved.

    "Brian Cryer" wrote:

    > "Taye Olaniyi" <TayeOlaniyi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I was enabling ICS on my computer and I got the following error message "
    > >the
    > > depency service or group failed to start"
    > > I checked in the services and I could see that the ICS/ICF service is
    > > started thesame goes for other related services.
    > > Can anyone give me what could be the cause of this problem?
    >
    > Its worth having a look in the event log (I forget whether its the
    > Application or System event log), because Windows may record there which
    > service (if it is a service) has failed to start.
    >
    > Hope this helps,
    >
    > Brian.
    >
    > --
    > www.cryer.co.uk/brian