Cannot install error with Windows Installer

At times I am having a problem installing applications.
The error is that the windows installer package is missing.
It doesn't happen with everything but what is up?
1 answer Last reply
More about cannot install error windows installer

    The "Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed" Error Message appears When You
    Add or Remove Program - 1719
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315346
    Error 1719. The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. You may be running
    in safe mode or Windows Installer may not be correctly installed.

    Windows Installer 3.1 Redistributable (v2)
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=889482fc-5f56-4a38-b838-de776fd4138c&DisplayLang=en

    or

    To register Wintrust.dll

    1.. Click Start, and then click Run.
    2.. Type the following and press Enter:

    Regsvr32 wintrust.dll
    3.. Click OK at the next prompt.

    "PaulaDawn" <blah.blah@monarch.net> wrote in message
    > At times I am having a problem installing applications.
    > The error is that the windows installer package is missing.
    > It doesn't happen with everything but what is up?

Windows Installer Support Microsoft Windows XP