Dell TravelLite Module

Hello all...

I have no idea if anyone out there has been successful in getting one of
these for their computer, but I tried everything I could think of to get one
and the Dell online store defied me no matter what. So last night I e-mailed
their customer service to ask what was going on and how I could buy this
part.

Someone from Dell contacted me the next day (today at this point) and
apologized for the seeming error on the site. They also gave the part number
on the TravelLite module. (It's 310-3793 for the Latitude D800 part, if
you're wondering...and yes, the Dell shopping site search *still* defies the
part # exists!)

But what really topped the deal off...the part is valued at $9 plus
shipping. The Dell rep I communicated with asked me to confirm my shipping
info--as they are going to send me the module for free! Not even shipping
will be charged for this.

Obviously it remains to be seen whether or not this will bear fruit or not,
but I have high hopes. Just wanted to pass the word along. If they come
through with this, I will be one very happy customer!

William

"William R. Walsh" <newgroups1@nojunquemail.walshcomptech.com> wrote:
>I have no idea if anyone out there has been successful in getting one of

This is the empty D-Bay module you can store small bits and tiny
cables in, yes?

William, P., N., Smith wrote:

> "William R. Walsh" <newgroups1@nojunquemail.walshcomptech.com> wrote:
> >I have no idea if anyone out there has been successful in getting one of
>
> This is the empty D-Bay module you can store small bits and tiny
> cables in, yes?

I thought it was just a "blank," taking up the space that would normally
hold a battery, drive, etc.

Notan

Notan <notan@ddress.com> wrote:
>William, P., N., Smith wrote:
>> "William R. Walsh" <newgroups1@nojunquemail.walshcomptech.com> wrote:
>> >I have no idea if anyone out there has been successful in getting one of

>> This is the empty D-Bay module you can store small bits and tiny
>> cables in, yes?

>I thought it was just a "blank," taking up the space that would normally
>hold a battery, drive, etc.

Dunno, as William (Walsh) has discovered, it's one of the great Dell
mysteries. I had a similar problem (and solution, they sent me some
free after screwing up my order several times) with the D-Bay
peripheral carrying cases.

William (Walsh), please let us know when/if you get it, just what it
is, and how well you like it.